Respected Contributor

Have you seen the Dooney Camo bags

on the I love dooney website?  I was trying to decide if I was going to buy Aimee's new hobo because I really loved the Latte but then went browsing and discovered all of Dooney's camo bags marked down on the I love dooney site!!!  I bought one instead of the Aimee bag. 

Type in their seach box     Camouflage

Respected Contributor

Re: Have you seen the Dooney Camo bags

This is the one I bought.  It was $149 marked down from $298.

Medium Cayden

Respected Contributor

@truffle

They aren't actually doing camo, but a special duck design in camo colors.

There were negative reactions to this design when it came out by some because these bags were specifically made in collaboration with the TV show Duck Dynasty, specially the women on that show. Many people did not want to support the values of the Duck Dynasty show.

Respected Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@truffle

There were negative reactions to this design when it came out by some because these bags were specifically made in collaboration with the TV show Duck Dynasty, specially the women on that show. Many people did not want to support the values of the Duck Dynasty show.

Thanks for the information.  I've never seen the show but my SO has and hates it, so when he saw my new bag and I told him it was camo, he said I don't see camo just a bunch of ducks.  He really hates the bag and this is fhe first time he ever said anything about any.  So back it goes. 

@1Professor

Esteemed Contributor

Remins me of Bruce Makowsky, lol

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@truffle

I was one among that group... Even if someone gave me one of these bags and paid me to wear it, the only thing I could see using it for is, well, excuse the expression, target practice... Each to their own... Glad it's going back..

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@truffle wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@truffle

Thanks for the information.  I've never seen the show but my SO has and hates it, so when he saw my new bag and I told him it was camo, he said I don't see camo just a bunch of ducks.  He really hates the bag and this is fhe first time he ever said anything about any.  So back it goes. 

@1Professor

Wise choice @truffle. Your SO has great values.

However, there are SO many lovely Dooneys. I'm a fan.

Choose another!

Soft thoughts.

Super Contributor

Awwww I think it's cute!! I'd buy it. I know nothing about the tv show and would not have any idea about it. 

As as a person who HAD to wear Camo in the military, I don't want to wear it now!!!!! This is a cute compromise!!!