Respected Contributor

polyester, polyester, polyester.

I just tuned into the Q and one of the main clothing lines is on for 2 hours.  Since I didn't see the entire show, I went on-line just to see what was shown.  Looks like non-stop polyester. Since I can't stand the stuff, I'm turning the channel.   Polyester is almost indestructible, and doesn't require ironing; that's about it for the plus factors.  I don't care what name is given, like Liquid Knit,  to make polyester sound like something it isn't.  The stuff is cheap which is why vendors use it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: polyester, polyester, polyester.

[ Edited ]

@this is my nicInteresting.  We all like different designers and different fabrics.

One comment -  I rarely watch Louis, but I did one day and as he promoted one of the polyester items he offers along with his other fabrics, I was pleased to hear him say that the new polyesters aren't at all like those from the 1970 and 80's.  

I didn't need his approval to know that Susan's fabric choice is fine with me and a few hundred thousand others-  I have put together several outfits from her various collection, and besides the attributes you mention, polyester takes color like silk does and then holds it better than many silks.

Nothing at all wrong with polyester.

ETA -  Just searched QVC for Louis' polyester tops -   only 189 are offered!  

Honored Contributor

Love liquid knit!  Love polyester, in general.  Easy care!

Respected Contributor

Polyester and tunics......

Respected Contributor

For tee shirts I like the 80/20 cotton/poly blend.  I am not a fan of liquid knit at all but that is about 95% of what SG sells.  It is a popular line but not my taste for sure.

Honored Contributor

Polyester is truly a wonder fabric.  It can be made to mimic other fibers from wool to the finest silk.  It's not necessarily cheap; as with most things, there are various grades and qualities.  It doesn't wrinkle so is great for travel, feels good on the skin and takes little room in a suitcase.  Some people think it's hot but I've worn it through West Texas and New Mexico desert summers and was perfectly comfortable, although I wasn't outside digging ditches.  It is durable and non-fading so you'll wear a piece for years.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hate, hate, hate polyester.  No matter what it looks like, takes color like or wears like...it. It is still plastic.  

200 years from now, it will still pretty much look the same in the garbage dump, except it will be yellowed.

Polyester is also destroying our oceans.  Everythime it is washed, fibers break off and are  washed down the drains.  Our oceans are polluted and our sea life are being killed by it.

Maybe someday humans will wake up and stop destroying our planet.

I wish QVC would allow the designers to use natural fabrics like they used to.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan has made a fortune with polyester!

Somebody is buying it!

Honored Contributor

I’m not a fan of polyester or paying high price for this cheap material. 

Honored Contributor

I prefer a good quality poly blend over cotton.

Some cotton is ok as part of a blend but I don't care for it at all.

It's like anything else you buy, there's junk & there's the good stuff.