Valued Contributor

I think it is the name and term  " lamb leather " that is upsetting to some people. Wish they would just say " a soft leather ".

Honored Contributor

@loveour4leggedfriends wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

@MRSTH wrote:

Some people object to the murder of baby animals. I would hazard to guess that the OP doesn't eat lamb or veal due to the cruelty. Same for fur. Death stinks any way you look at it,  but,  unnecessary cruelty is--unnecessary.

Well said.

Amen to that.  How anyone could have a baby animal slaughtered when there are so many other types of food to eat is beyond me.  It makes me heartsick to know a baby animal was killed for a jacket, or even to eat.  

Are you a vegetarian?

Occasional Contributor

Amen.  When I began watching the presentation of that jacket and frankly all the other shows, purses etc, I just keep thinking, how many baby lambs are slaughtered for all of that. And the hosts go on and on about how soft the leather is. I'll bet it is. It's from a baby!  I can assure you no one uses any of that for food for anyone.I never watch those shows. It makes me sick.  Surely there must be some alternative. By the way, I would never eat lamb either. But that's for another conversation.

Trusted Contributor
@ ChynnaBlue
@loveour4leggedfriends wrote:
@MoJoV wrote:

@MRSTH wrote:

Some people object to the murder of baby animals. I would hazard to guess that the OP doesn't eat lamb or veal due to the cruelty. Same for fur. Death stinks any way you look at it,  but,  unnecessary cruelty is--unnecessary.

Well said.

Amen to that.  How anyone could have a baby animal slaughtered when there are so many other types of food to eat is beyond me.  It makes me heartsick to know a baby animal was killed for a jacket, or even to eat.  

Are you a vegetarian?

• BABY animals. Please read the posts. 
Esteemed Contributor

QVC must  make a nice profit on the sale of those lamb leather jackets. So I do not think what the O/P wants will ever happen. I would just say to the O/P is to not watch those presentations when they are aired if it bothers her so much. They do sell fake leather jackets as well. So that is a step in the right direction.