Respected Contributor

i order quite a few things from evine. they carry a line of clothing i like.

i decided that i didn't quite like enough the last special i bought. (i bought 2, different colors. sheer gauzy material)

the prepaid sticker wasn't with my order (or offered). i went to the post office.... almost $13 for return shipping. 

how much????????? two thin qauzy toppers. 

the gal at the post office, gave me a sympathetic look, and suggested maybe i could donate, or give it away.  

i'm sure she see's all kinds of home shopping bags. 

i looked closer and evines website on returns, and the prepaid shipping is something that is SOMETIMES offered.

and of course, shipping cost are forfieted always.

i kept the tops, i just can't bear to lose almost $20 for shipping.i will make them work. 

lesson learned.  sigh

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like Evine.  I don't like their customer service policies.  So, I never shop there.

Sorry about your experience.  I assume they'll have to change their practices or lose many customers.

Honored Contributor

Watched a bit of Evine once. Not impressed, won't be shopping there.

Honored Contributor

Oh wow! That bites. That certainly makes me think twice about shopping with them. 

Honored Contributor

Re: evine shipping shocker

[ Edited ]

Your best bet is to use USPO mailing envelopes that have a flat fee.  You can ship anything that fits in them of any weight for a pretty low price.

Last  winter I sent two sweatshirts in one paper envelope from FL to PA for around $6 or so. The envelopes are free, you pick them up at the PO.  I took them with me and folded up the shirts as small as I could get them and stuffed them in. The envelopes were bulging and  I used tape to make sure they were closed securely and took them back to mail them.

They arrived safely.

Trusted Contributor

@kittyloowrote:

i order quite a few things from evine. they carry a line of clothing i like.

i decided that i didn't quite like enough the last special i bought. (i bought 2, different colors. sheer gauzy material)

the prepaid sticker wasn't with my order (or offered). i went to the post office.... almost $13 for return shipping. 

how much????????? two thin qauzy toppers. 

the gal at the post office, gave me a sympathetic look, and suggested maybe i could donate, or give it away.  

i'm sure she see's all kinds of home shopping bags. 

i looked closer and evines website on returns, and the prepaid shipping is something that is SOMETIMES offered.

and of course, shipping cost are forfieted always.

i kept the tops, i just can't bear to lose almost $20 for shipping.i will make them work. 

lesson learned.  sigh

@kittyloo I know what you mean. Quite a while ago I needed to return a product to Evine, I found an old shipping label that was for a product I obviously kept & used it to return, it worked, but I am not making a habit of it, LOL! That's insane what the PO wanted for gauze, that material doesn't weigh anything, I'd make it work too! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: evine shipping shocker

[ Edited ]

If you used PayPal to make your purchase then you can get a refund of the return postage you paid. You need written proof of the charges so that you can upload a copy to your PayPal account where the transaction is and a place to start the refund process. @kittyloo Questions? I can help you with this.Woman Happy

PayPal guarantees all purchases, including return postage and purchase price (when the purchase price has been unobtainable from the seller). They will refund all return charges regardless of the amounts.

Honored Contributor

WOW! I’m glad I don’t shop at Evine. If a prepaid return is $13, I can only imagine what it would be to return from HI. $6.95 with QVC sounds downright economical compared to that.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@kittyloo  Donate to Goodwill....get a donation receipt and write off full price paid on your 2018 ( next years) taxes.  That is what I  do rather than return anything 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Donating doesn't work for every one to to save on taxes.  First you have to itemize.  Some people can’t do this and make out better by taking the standard deduction.

Also, if you do donate, only 30% of the value of non cash items are used.

It is a nice thing to do, but for people with lower incomes, it doesn’t help them. They might prefer to return the items.