Honored Contributor

Re: evine shipping shocker

[ Edited ]

@kittyloowrote:

i order quite a few things from evine. they carry a line of clothing i like.

i decided that i didn't quite like enough the last special i bought. (i bought 2, different colors. sheer gauzy material)

the prepaid sticker wasn't with my order (or offered). i went to the post office.... almost $13 for return shipping. 

how much????????? two thin qauzy toppers. 

the gal at the post office, gave me a sympathetic look, and suggested maybe i could donate, or give it away.  

i'm sure she see's all kinds of home shopping bags. 

i looked closer and evines website on returns, and the prepaid shipping is something that is SOMETIMES offered.

and of course, shipping cost are forfieted always.

i kept the tops, i just can't bear to lose almost $20 for shipping.i will make them work. 

lesson learned.  sigh

Isn't this equivalent to QVC return label of $6,95 each?  All of the shopping channels are guilty of this, not just Evine. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66.  Theres no way the post office would charge $100., for a 5lb package.  I think UPS and FedEx are both more expensive than the USPS.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Perhaps you are right.  By the time I got there, had it weighed, had my daughter on the phone, bla bla and all I was willing to do whatever necessary to get it to her.

As it was her boyfriend ended up driving to some FedEx place in 2 days she tracked it down and HE picked it up.

So it all worked out.  She's had packages stolen from her front door so I'm always nervous sending things by the US post office.  Although all of the QVC packages come that way.

She pays extra money for a PO Box that has an actual address (some places won't deliver to PO boxes) and STILL it seldom ends up at the particular place.  Whatever.

I do send things.  I can't remember how much I paid to send by post office that air fryer that came to my house but I'd say it was close to $50.  True it was heavier than 5 lbs but it wasn't real heavy.

The US post office isn't cheap if you use one of your own boxes, I know that because I send a lot of things by post office all of the time.

I send packages to @ECBG and they're usually around $20 or so dollars and they're just makeup, soap, etc.

The post office isn't cheap by any means. 

Honored Contributor

Every time I take something in my own box they get their ruler out and measure the box every way possible.  It's also according to the size of the box, not just the weight.

Contributor

Evine is, according to tier level popularity, a third rate tv shopping channel. Hard to believe it has been on air (under various names) for 20+ years. The products and brands offered, with a few exceptions, are mediocre at best, as are the sets and the program hosts’ presentation skills. One should not expect top of the line from this entity. 

Respected Contributor

Well, they made money off me this weekend with the Beekman 1802 shows 😎

Respected Contributor

@mzmareewrote:

Evine is, according to tier level popularity, a third rate tv shopping channel. Hard to believe it has been on air (under various names) for 20+ years. The products and brands offered, with a few exceptions, are mediocre at best, as are the sets and the program hosts’ presentation skills. One should not expect top of the line from this entity. 

I buy many things from Evine and for the most part have been happy. I agree shipping can be high on most items but I disagree with your post, and there's no need to be snooty over a TV home shopping channel.

Trusted Contributor

@tucsongalwrote:

Well, they made money off me this weekend with the Beekman 1802 shows 😎

I stopped buying Beekman & Skinn because of $6.99 shipping,  i can’t justify that much!

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13wrote:

@mzmareewrote:

I buy many things from Evine and for the most part have been happy. I agree shipping can be high on most items but I disagree with your post, and there's no need to be snooty over a TV home shopping channel.

@Cumbercookie13. Snooty?  I'd say @mzmaree is just telling it like it is.  They are not in actuality a first class operation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have bought numerous items from evine without any problems. I love their kitchen items, throws and a few fashion lines. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson