Valued Contributor

As SilleeMee mentioned regarding paypal. I always try to purchase through them. My return shipping was refunded a few times. I just had to download pictures of the package and receipt from the post office. Make sure to sign up for the service.

Honored Contributor

I do a lot of shopping on-line and for me using PayPal is the only way to go because they have my back when the sellers fall through. I wish the Q would put PayPal on their list of payment options. 

Respected Contributor

@eddyandmewrote:

I don't like Evine.  I don't like their customer service policies.  So, I never shop there.

Sorry about your experience.  I assume they'll have to change their practices or lose many customers.

Years ago I wanted to know gram weight of gold piece. Customer Service refused to even talk to me without a cc#. I feel some of their practices are shady.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

I do a lot of shopping on-line and for me using PayPal is the only way to go because they have my back when the sellers fall through. I wish the Q would put PayPal on their list of payment options. 

@SilleeMeeThey do have the option for PP but it doesn't work like your normal PP.  I tried it and for some reason they think you are applying for credit. 

Respected Contributor

They’re not gonna stay in business with those shipping prices...

Honored Contributor

@Peckywrote:

@SilleeMeewrote:

@SilleeMeeThey do have the option for PP but it doesn't work like your normal PP.  I tried it and for some reason they think you are applying for credit. 

That one listed on the Q's payment options is a line of credit offered by PP called PayPal Credit. It's just like a credit card. What I want is for the Q to give me a link to my PP account where I can use my own cc listed there. I have a few major cc linked to my PP account that I use everywhere BUT the Q. @Pecky

Honored Contributor

You'll really get sticker shock from Evine when you order 3 or 4 pieces of jewelry, then they all arrive in one big plastic envelope.  At $6.99 s&h for each item, you've potentially paid close to $30., to have your purchase shipped to you.  This is the reason I quit buying from this channel.  Much of their jewelry is poor quality.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Carmiewrote:

@SeaMaiden  Donating doesn't work for every one to to save on taxes.  First you have to itemize.  Some people can’t do this and make out better by taking the standard deduction.

Also, if you do donate, only 30% of the value of non cash items are used.

It is a nice thing to do, but for people with lower incomes, it doesn’t help them. They might prefer to return the items.

@Carmie. ThankYou for a different view point.  Yes, donating might not work out  for everyone as It has for me. 

Honored Contributor

If I understand your post you're saying the US Post Office shipping was expensive.

I agree with that.  I send a lot of stuff to my daughter(s) and back to QVC (I order way too much).

Anyway, I just slap the QVC return label because when I try to mail it back myself it ends up costing ME more money.  I see it as the US post office cuts deals with QVC, HSN and all of those other shopping companies, someone has to pay, it's the public.

I recently shipped to my daughter a lightweight thing in a box that would circulate cold water for her legs (she broke it in 2 places).  I started out wanting to ship it overnight.  What a joke that was!  It would cost $300 for that one.  Then I said, "How about 2 days?"  That would have been $250.  The box weighed around 5 lbs and was smaller than a shoe box but it was square.  I couldn't use one of the US post office boxes because I didn't want to bend the tubes.

Anyway, I ended up shipping it for 4 days (but not guaranteed) and it was almost $100!

This was FedEx.  The US post office based on what I know and usually use it would have been even more.  

Anyway, I can see why people don't use snail mail or any of the other's much.  The shipping costs are crazy!

I get a lot of junk mail and I guarantee you they pay bulk rate.  Like I said, someone has to cover the costs.  Ugh!

Honored Contributor

Evine sells mostly junk, except for the Sam Benim artisan silver jewelry. If you know the product that's one thing, but because of their high S&H  and returns, I would not take a chance on them.