Valued Contributor

just by looking at jill, it's obvious, at least to me, that she has very expensive taste in clothing and accessories. she invests in classic pieces and is more conservative in her dress. i think she always looks so pretty.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Esteemed Contributor
On 2/28/2014 evelomaddict said:

just by looking at jill, it's obvious, at least to me, that she has very expensive taste in clothing and accessories. she invests in classic pieces and is more conservative in her dress. i think she always looks so pretty.

It is very obvious in looks and how she speaks. Which is fine, I am the same way but to use the selling tactic that you don't care is phony. I agree she does look pretty and she does invest in classic pieces.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

Here's my take on Jill. My guess is she has a personal shopper at Neiman Marcus who makes selections for her. Why? Because Jill would rather be down on the floor making something out of paper mache with her son, or walking her dog, or at her beach home or baking something than shopping.

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/28/2014 Scorpios said:

I think the best way to see the character of a person is by watching what they do for other people who don't have the means to help them back. Also, I think you can tell a lot about a person in the way they treat other living creatures.

OMG, I love this!

Super Contributor

Some hosts choose to flaunt what they have; others not as much. (Think about it; you know which ones are which). In all the hosts defense, (and I like some more than others), if they want to purchase expensive things for themselves to wear on air, off air, etc., I say go right ahead. I am sure that they make more than enough of money to afford the pricey clothing and the accessories that go along with them. None of them appear to be destitute, so what they choose to spend their hard earned money on is really not my concern. I do not see them as my 'friends', just salespeople trying very hard to make you think you need to own what they are pitching.

Respected Contributor
On 2/27/2014 Nancy Drew said:

Jill loves her labels and high end brand names so I find that odd that she said that.

I agree. I remember several years ago she bought her SIL a leather Dooney & Bourke handbag for keeping her children while working.

She also boasted collecting some kind of very expensive dishes, forgot the name.

Occasional Contributor

What's wrong with liking nice things?

Valued Contributor
On 2/28/2014 Big Spender said:

What's wrong with liking nice things?

nothing.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Frequent Contributor
On 2/27/2014 sparklestar said:

Just words, talk ... sales tactic.

exactly!

Frequent Contributor
On 2/27/2014 sparklestar said:

Just words, talk ... sales tactic.

Yep, and did she say that sitting by her built in pool, or from her beach house in NJ? She is as guilty as the rest..... She has said many times she owns several Dooney's., as many other high priced items... I don't care and no, I'm not jealous, but she does forget what she says..