Respected Contributor

I remember the big da-doo on this board when she wore those famous Stella McCartney (think it was her....or some designer as big) shoes.......I agree.....just talk.

Respected Contributor
On 2/28/2014 hulagirl said:

I remember the big da-doo on this board when she wore those famous Stella McCartney (think it was her....or some designer as big) shoes.......I agree.....just talk.

I remember that ... so silly.

Honored Contributor

I think she was trying to counteract the effects of the comments continually made by the host who says people judge you by the bag you're carrying when you walk into a room.

Whether or not she believes that, I don't know. I don't think of Jill as the showy type. Having and enjoying nice things doesn't make you showy.

Super Contributor

I think the best way to see the character of a person is by watching what they do for other people who don't have the means to help them back. Also, I think you can tell a lot about a person in the way they treat other living creatures.

Honored Contributor
On 2/28/2014 muttmom said:
On 2/27/2014 Raider Fan said: I dunno, I rather believe her. She is a no nonsense gal and has never appeared to me as pretentious or vain.

Not pretentious? "Here's my expensive John Hardy bracelet my husband paid a lot of money for. QVC brought you an affordable version. I like it as much as I like my designer one."

Yeah, right.

Who knows, maybe D&C will bring us a $100 version of her $1400 leather top. I can just hear that presentation.

Esteemed Contributor

I did hear the comment. Said she doesn't lead with the watch and the handbag. She was selling a watch at the time. I did think it was a direct remark against Lisa. I also thought it was in poor taste. Jill comes off as being the friend next door. That may be true; I don't personally know any of the hosts. However, I have observed that Jill likes her expensive clothing and jewelry.That said, these ladies work for a living and can spend their money on whatever they like.

Respected Contributor

Jill is probably the most down to earth host on QVC, along with Carolyn and Mary Beth. They both seem very happy in their own skin and content in their lives. They all seem like contented folks, proud of their families and at peace with the world.

If Jill says she's not impressed with her things, I believe her. I'm sure she enjoys having nice things, but isn't dependent on them for her love of life or self image. I'm definitely a fan of Jill, Carolyn and Mary Beth.

Esteemed Contributor

I Like Jill a lot but she DOES like Her Nordies and high end Jon Hardy and on and on. How do I know because I watch her a lot. So for her to say this was phony. Also to make a dig at Lisa on air is not classy. I agree liking nice things doesn't make you shallow as I only fly first class and just cannot use a cheap handbag myself.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Valued Contributor

When Jill is on I change the channel. Her personality leaves a lot to be desired. A miss know it all.

Honored Contributor
On 2/28/2014 DandJ said:

I think it is easy to forget that all these hosts are simply sales people. I have no doubt that the more sales they bring in to QVC the better for them in renewing their own contract periodically. And one way to increase their sales is to make a connection with the viewer--so we get the personal stories, the Facebook posts, etc. The more they can be seen as friends and as people we connect with the greater the chance for a sale. I don't dislike Jill..I think she's a good host. She can preach at times in my opinion. I don't begrudge her the nice things she has..I have plenty of those myself and everyone should spend their money the way they choose. My taste is clothes is different from hers so I usually would not make the same fashion choices she does. But that's the beauty of variety. I do know that, with a few exceptions, the hosts don't wear the clothes, jewels, etc that they ooh and ahh over at QVC. I do think some of them believe themselves to be celebrities and some simply act superior. At the end of the day--it's their job to create a persona that can make the sale. That is how they earn a living.

I agree with your points. The hosts do strive to create "friendship" with the customers and that must help their sales tremendously. I do like Jill and enjoy her presentations.