Honored Contributor

I haven't been shopping in much of any fashion stores in a long while.  I have always enjoyed a good pair of slacks with nice detail and a flowing leg.  I don't like really big legs on the trousers but a nice, long, flow to them.  I used to wear dressy, tailored ones when I worked.  If the trend is moving away from the very skinny and tight to the body leggings and all of that, then I think that's good.  When I wore a well fitting pair of trousers, slacks -- or whatever you want to call them -- I always felt very put together and confident.  So, I haven't watched the offerings here either, but if they aren't offering these kinds of looks, they should start doing this more.  They can still offer the other ones, but make sure they offer a variety for everyone.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   I've always worn trousers/dressier slacks a few times a week. I seem to walk "taller" when I get out of my jeans.

Of course, jeans are my standard and yoga pants on days home, but sweats, joggers, etc. have never been my forte.

Especially during the last few years when "fashion" seemed to go south, I enjoy a bit of looking like I made more of an effort some days. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Foxxee   I love the trousers you posted. I don't understand why you assume at 74 I'd need an elastic waist for fit?

@Shanus 

If you don't have a problem, consider yourself lucky regardless of size.  MIdsection spread is an aging curse.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Foxxee   I love the trousers you posted. I don't understand why you assume at 74 I'd need an elastic waist for fit?

@Shanus 

If you don't have a problem, consider yourself lucky regardless of size.  MIdsection spread is an aging curse.

@Foxxee   I didn't mean to be difficult, I apologoze if you took it that way. I've never had a waist...straight up and down rectangle all my life.  If I get a waist to fit, it fits the rest of the way down.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

@Foxxee   I didn't mean to be difficult, I apologoze if you took it that way. I've never had a waist...straight up and down rectangle all my life.  If I get a waist to fit, it fits the rest of the way down.

@Shanus 

I know you weren't meant to be difficult.