Respected Contributor

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily 

From QVC - just in the last year - I bought 14 pairs of pants with a similar cut - wide leg.  QVC calls them wide leg but they look just like the "trousers."   All of them were clearance prices.  

JCP and Chico's has sold this style "forever."  And, they are hanging in my closet.

From QVC last year, i bought two pairs of Joan Rivers that look similar.  I paid less than $17 per pair.  Glen plaid - one olive, one camel.

product thumbnail 2 vs image.png

Women With Control - I have multiples of these

vs .image.png

JCP has Liz Claiborne jeans on sale. $26.39

Liz Claiborne Womens Mid Rise Regular Fit Wide Leg Trouser Jean

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  I love Trousers...One I have is from Koln's that I bought years ago. Ist a Sonoma Jean trouser with a zipper & fits snug around the tummy area then slightly flares out. I have a few others zippered slack Trousers, one is pleated under the waist facing outwards in a light tan that I bought at Chico's. Another I bought at Macy's which is zippered that is a black with a gray strip. All of them are not too flared so I think I know what your looking for....The ones I have seen on the Q are pull ups & not true Trousers. JMO

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily   Love the look!

Honored Contributor

@Kabella   So happy that otheres like them, too and I wasn't nuts. 

Going to the mall tomorrrow, after the gym, to take a look around.

Honored Contributor

I am 66 years old and have never, that I recall, used the word trousers.

They're all pants to me and I can't wear the the looser Annie Hall types.  Im 5"5" but they overwhelm me. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I think Q doesn't have its finger on the pulse of fashion. Trousers are big for fall (haven't seen one pair here) and no skinny jeans...moving more towards a wider, straight leg...not the coulotte look they're presenting.

I love trousers. They go well with my style of dressing...Annie hall meets Katherine Hepburn.

I'm finding true "fashion" (if I need something) online at other sites.

*SHRUGS* yet, another 'complaint' about Q...I'm finding a lot of good fashion at Q and H. I also shop other sources 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I assume by trousers, you mean dress pants.  I have full but not wide leg dress pants in navy and in black.  I paid $$$ for them 5 or so years ago.  I worked from home but went into the office 2 or 3 times a month for meetings.  I liked dressing up for those meetings since I was always in casual clothes.  Then Covid came and no office visits, then I retired.  We attend church services on Friday evenings or via Zoom so there's no dressing up for church now.  I haven't worn those expensive pants since early 2020.  

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

After COVID, work clothing has become more casual and in most cases has remained that way,  Most that I know always did dress more casually so even if the pulse of fashion is on trousers, QVC probably knows they would not be big sellers.  Women now are following their own tastes more and more and do not jump to buy what some so called fashion experts put out there!  There are other smaller stores that can afford to jump on the trouser look bandwagon since they do not order in quantities as large as the shopping channels do!  With online sjopping it is easy to search for places that sell styles for anyone's tastes!

since workplaces found out that the work still got done 

@Pook wrote:

After COVID, work clothing has become more casual and in most cases has remained that way,  Most that I know always did dress more casually so even if the pulse of fashion is on trousers, QVC probably knows they would not be big sellers.  Women now are following their own tastes more and more and do not jump to buy what some so called fashion experts put out there!  There are other smaller stores that can afford to jump on the trouser look bandwagon since they do not order in quantities as large as the shopping channels do!  With online sjopping it is easy to search for places that sell styles for anyone's tastes!

since workplaces found out that the work still got done 

@Pook 

I don't know where you took ecomics, but it is the small stores that cannot afford to stock the nicer clothes but they do.  They value their clientele.  Large department stores and niche stores are the ones sellling fashionable clothing, not fads like the Q.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Oh my!

I feel what you are going through!  You have to be able to wear a more slim slack than I do.  I have figure issues.

I looked all over and found the best at Nordstroms, however, Land End will hem them to your inseam!  What a surprise!~

No win for me at LL Bean.