Honored Contributor
I have a lot of pants styles with a fuller leg - most from QVC - bought at great markdowns over the last couple of years.

Apparently no one else was buying them.

Respected Contributor
I can’t buy trousers online. I need to try them on.
Honored Contributor

I haven't worn trousers since the 80's

My jobs never required that 'tailored' business look.  NO suits, no trousers, no blazers.

Wouldn't even be interested in having a pair, would never wear them in this day and age.

Talbots and stores like that most likely have what you want.

QVC can't carry everything we each would like....they prolly go for what sells for them.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I'm not sure what you are referring to as "trousers."  Are you talking about more dressy pants or a certain style?  Would you call chinos trousers?  Just not sure what our definition here is!  Woman Embarassed

Respected Contributor

Are trousers the same as slacks?

i'm going to a wedding in November. I will wear my black slacks, polyester with a straight leg down, and a pretty top. I don't have a dress, and my only skirt is denim.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I think Q doesn't have its finger on the pulse of fashion. Trousers are big for fall (haven't seen one pair here) and no skinny jeans...moving more towards a wider, straight leg...not the coulotte look they're presenting.

I love trousers. They go well with my style of dressing...Annie hall meets Katherine Hepburn.

I'm finding true "fashion" (if I need something) online at other sites.

QVC sell fewer trousers (using the true definition of trousers) because belt loops and pants with a zipper demand a better fit than a pair of elastic waist pants. Fewer returns that way. Actually, a wider leg pant isn't only about "trousers". QVC sells wide leg pants...just not a lot of them with a zipper.

I have been buying trousers for years at J.Crew and Banana Republic. They don't have wide legs, though, as I prefer more form fitting silhouettes.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   QVC really does the mass market approach so the pull on waist works for a lot of its audience.  But they do seem to be in quite a rut. 

I've been finding and buying my trousers most especially at Banana Republic since @Greeneyedlady21 reminded me of their existence last autumn in the fashion forum.  I've also gotten some exquisite blazers and blouses there, too.  And BR is having its Friends and Family Event september 15 to the 20th--and a day earlier--the 14th, for Icon and Enthusiasts Rewards Members:  40% off  your full-priced purchase with a code. 

I also have had a great experience shopping online at Mango for trousers, blazers, and blouses.

Macy's is still a go-to for me.  I get my Ralph Lauren items, and other classic silhouettes/brands there since I, too, am an Annie Hall type, though I also wear dresses occasionally.

I am enjoying buying slacks at the natural and high waistline, as well.  Glad for their return and am buying as many as I can afford in quality fabrics before they disappear again. 

Anyway, just my thoughts.  Have a wonderful day, all.  And if you have a cash back app such as Rakuten, don't forget to use it.  It does add up.

aroc3435

Washington, DC   

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   I think of trousers as more a kind of flowy fabric or at least not stiff as jeans or cotton chinos...although those make up 90% of my pants....I may just look for a suit type pant and go up a size.

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435   Yes, I do purchase a lot of my clothing from BR and have my postcard for the sale paper clipped to my calendar.

Respected Contributor
Recently I was going through a closet looking for clothing to donate. I found several pairs of pants I purchased from the Q quite some time ago, the Dialogue brand! They still fit nicely, look stylish and the colors are neutral so I kept a couple and donated the others, along with some blazers and blouses. I had to dress businesslike but now being retired I hope someone else can use them.