Respected Contributor

Re: 👠 Sales of High Heels Are Down 👡

The highest heel I own is a 1 1/2 inch stacked heel boot. My feet are wide and fat with no arch so not only are they uncomfortable for me to wear, they're also not flattering to look at. I'm also 5'8 so I really didn't need any extra height. Now I have arthritic knees and plantar faciititis in my left foot so I know it would be super uncomfortable to wear them now. Luckily, I've never had a job that required them so I never needed to buy them. But I do like the look of them on other ladies. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Love my heels! But, I do not wear stiletto’s, I wear block heels and only comfortable ones. My sweet spot is 3 inches, though I do have some a little shorter and a little higher. I don’t care for flats or sneakers (except when I’m out walking my dog, etc). It will be a sad day for me when I get to a point/age where I have to give up my heels. To each his own....

Trusted Contributor

Well I am in my mid 60’s and still where heels. Not a high heel. Wedges are my favorite. As far as heels, nothing over 3 inches. I have a very high arch and Instep and my feet just don’t like being flat. I am also short and like the added height, I have no foot or back or knee problems. They just agree with me. At home I will wear sneakers but it has to be the right sneaker for my feet to tolerate them. I can walk forever with a shoe with a bit of heel or a wedge far better than I can walk in a flat shoe. Strange I know but true.

Esteemed Contributor

And yet TV shopping networks as well as stores rarely bring in fabulous and sexy kitten heels, it's always stiletto high heels or shoes with too much forward pitch. And a lot, but not all comfort shoes I see are just plain ugly looking man feet shoes.

Esteemed Contributor

My problem with 3" plus heels is that I have a small foot and high heels pitch me too far forward.  Think about it: 3" with a size 6 versus a size 10.

Respected Contributor

LOVE MY HEELS.   I just am smarter about wearing them and no longer wear the 4" kind.  I have no problem walking or even running in them.  I don't wear the kind that I wore in my 20s and 30s....   but I do love them to finish my look when I dress for work.

Valued Contributor

I wore stillettos or relatively high pumps in my 20's and 30's to/at work and they absolutely killed my feet.  From your feel arching forward and sliding down into the shoe to actually standing and walking.  I have bunions to prove it.  I am in my early 40's and have slowly ramped down to mid-lower heels and flats (that have arch support and cushioning).  Shoes are coming a long way and do not look like orthopedic shoes, they are stylish and comfy, the best of both worlds!  I also have purchased a set of two 3/4 slip in OrthaHeel inserts for some of my older flats and even my slippers at home.  That line has helped my feet but I cannot afford to buy them frequently. 

Honored Contributor

The price of sneaks will go sky high.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

more for me and I have more than one pair of 6 inch heels that are comfortable. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

I walk like a toddler when I am in heels. No thanks. I like my comfortable low heel shoes.