Trusted Contributor

TSV- Do you like bust darts or No?

I wish Joan's line would get rid of the bust darts. I realize they were the way clothes were made in Joan's era. All my mothers clothes had darts.

I do not see bust darts anymore in other lines. IF darts are in an item of clothing, it is usually a high end, couture, made to fit the person piece and are in the exact location they should be. But not in mass produced clothing that I see anywhere.

I cannot wear them. With all the different shapes and sizes of women now, I can't imagine the darts land where they are supposed to on anyone.

I am very small up there, and 62 years old, so they not small and perky anymore either (if ya know what I mean). I imagine large busted women would have a similar probem. Large busted at age 20 is not what large busted looks like at age over 60.

Not trying to insult anyone, but darts for over 60 should be made a little lower to the waist LOL (that sounds like something Joan would say).

So what about you ladies? Like darts, or not?

Trusted Contributor

Re: TSV- Do you like bust darts or No?

I agree, I don't care for them at all  !

Regular Contributor

I don't like them . I have 4 of the Joan tops and I love the tops but don't like the dart look. Perhaps it does something for the fit...? They look dated. 

Respected Contributor

I don't care for bust darts at all. I don't have good luck with them fitting properly. I like a smooth front on all of my tops and I feel like darts make the bust area either sag or pull.

Respected Contributor

No darts for me.

Honored Contributor

I love darts. They give a polished, fitted look, to garments. When I buy a top I am always pleased to see these. It is tailoring, and a mark of quality ,in a garment

Honored Contributor

It's been so long since I've worn anything with darts, I don't know if it's a yes or no from me.  But I don't own any button front shirts, so I guess I'd be a no.

Nice colors on the TSV.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Unless you have the same dimensions as the fit model for the top or have a seamstress make your clothing, the darts probably will be in the wrong place.    I know years ago when they were in, none ever fit me and were always either above and below my bustline.  They are also uncomfortable if you move a lot even if they do fit when standing still!

So that's a really big no for me!

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I think they look very matronly.