Respected Contributor

REFORMEd SHOPAHOLICs week of March 18

Good morning. I did not post yesterday because by the time I got home, I was tired. 

Her ear groups did well ..high golds and platinums so her teacher was happy. Her hi hop group got a special award this morning. I watch today online.

i am cold...Knw the anemia is a big part of that...I cannot wait to get warmer tomorrow.😍

i am am going to reorganize the messy family room today. It is just a matter of putting things away. But it is frustrating because I need to sit after about 15 minutes.

hope you are both having a good day. Claudia is you kitty home ?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMEd SHOPAHOLICs week of March 18

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  Hope you feel stronger and warmer soon.  Congratulations to Syd's groups. 

It is relatively cool here (high only expected in the low 60's and cloudy).  However, it should be warmer tomorrow and considerably warmer later in the week.

I'm trying not to be too concerned, but my left hip has been bothering me lately.  I have had problems with waking up at night due to the pain.  Last night, I took a Aleve, and it seemed to help.  But, I think I will try to take it a bit easier at the gym today.  

Hope all is okay with you and R Claudia, as well as the dogs, and the cats.  Also hope Pippen is better.

Nothing exciting going on here.  I will be visiting DH before his dinner, and I hope he is much more awake today.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda..I am not telling you what to do, but it might not hurt to decrease all,of your exercising until,the pain goes away.

our days of no pain, no gain or work through the pain are over. My pt people have always told me that joint pain is a message to ease up.😘

Respected Contributor

Congratulations to Syd and her group, Barbara. Much as you hate to do it, it's best to pace yourself. My problem is I take a break and go online or start reading and it's hard to get started again. I'd much rather be lost in a book.

I've done fairly well today. One bin of sweaters up to the attic and spring clothes down to be sorted. I also have 2 kitchen size garbage bags of donations in the car trunk. Yard cleanup is done along with cat litter and the garbage is out front. The wash is in the dryer. I have no idea what we'll have for supper tonight.

Linda, my hip has bothered me too. I don't do anywhere near the amount of exercise that you do. I find it helps if I use an arthritis cream plus the Aleve or Advil.

Barbara, Pippin is still at the vet. I will call tomorrow afternoon for an update. I keep a lights jacket nearby and but it on when chilled. Borderline anemic is a family trait.

It's another sunny day and not too cold. Griff hears kids riding bikes and scooters and is woofing. Lazy boy does it whily lying down.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw on FB that you are/were on your way back to Arizona, Barbara.  Hope it was an easy trip.  It was pretty cool here this morning (heat came on), but it should reach 70 degrees later.  

Sounds like you accomplished a lot, Claudia.  Hope you get good news about Pippen.  I thought of you when I was taking a walk.  A dog who I could not see barked at me when I walked by a house with a brick wall.  His owner waved and said something to the dog which I could not make out.  Sounded like a big dog.

Thanks for your concern about my hip pain.  I did try backing off on my exercise at the gym (skipped one and slowed on another) and using the combination cream and medicine last night, and it did seem to help.  Today, I did not use my leg weights for strong bones.  Fingers crossed this is a passing thing.  

DH was sleepy and did not eat much today.  And, he was not cheerful when he was awake, except when I asked for a smile.  Thank goodness he did smile after my request.  

DD said they are expecting snow tonight and/or tomorrow, and it could be a little or lot.  Not good news.  Oldest DGS was late for work on his first day (yesterday), since there was a huge backup on the highway(dump truck lost gravel and then a multi-car pile-up).  I'm sure he wasn't happy to be late, but I hope the new place is understanding.  On the positive side, youngest DGS got his learner's permit today.  Glad he is at least gettting started.

Nothing exciting going on here, which is fine with me.  

Hope everyone is doing okay and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I hope you had a good flight, Barbara.

I picked Pippen up this afternoon to try him at home. He's drinking but not eating and is using the litter box at least so far. I decided to use a "cat sack" to give him his liquid meds. After several tried I got him in with his head sticking out the neck opening, then a paw. Tucked the law back in and adjusted the velcro at the neck. Gave him the liquid meds. I turned my back to put the caps on the meds. When I turned around he was half in, half out. Too stout to get all the way out  the neck opening and too stout to go back in. I had to cut him out. So much for the sack.

I ground up the pill for bladder control and put it in his food. Nope he didn't want it. Fed him by hand till he accidentally nipped me. After I need on his food he really didn't want it. So off I went to wash my finger, put peroxide and neosporin on it. I don't need any more excitement tonight.

Linda, my parent's Boston Terrier had a big dog bark. If you didn't see her you would have sworn she was a large dog. Fingers crossed this storm won't amount to much for southern PA, MD, and WV.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Nice and sunny here, and it should reach the upper 70's today.  Unfortunately, it is snowing in DD's area, and they expect to get quite a lot of snow tomorrow.  Hello spring! LOL  Hope your area isn't hit too hard, Claudia.

Hope Pippen is better today, Claudia.  Sounds like a very difficult cat to help.  Also hope you, R, and the dogs and other cats are okay. 

The Arizona weather should be pretty nice for you Barbara.  Hope your trip back went okay, and you are feeling better.

It turns out that oldest DGS' problems were yesterday rather than Sunday.  I saw an article on-line talking about what happened.  Apparently, a truck swerving in the wrong lane started the whole problem, but that driver sped away leaving a horrible mess behind.  The highway was shut down for two hours or more.

On a positive note, my SIL e-mailed yesterday saying that her DIL is pregnant.  I know she is excited as am I.  The baby is due in November, and I have my fingers crossed that all will go well.  

I'm off to my volunteer job now.  Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good morning..I made it back safely..the flight was a little bumpy. We were back by early evening. 

Happy Spring🌺🌺🌺

i had had a nice visit even though m was very stressed by the dance competition..she is such a perfectionist that hair and makeup have to be perfect that she works herself into a full blown migraine. Yikes.

pepper no longer looks like a mop..and she is losing weight. I think she should be around 10 pounds by June.

i have to straighten up the house..v did not get a lot done while I was gone..lol.

Linda, hope your dd does not get too much snow.

Claudia..hope pippin is getting better.

the low tire light was on in the car all,weekend . Yesterday it was pulling to the right, and when I checked the tires, the right one  was very low. Thank goodness we have a mechanic who will take care of all of that. He pumped them up and I will have them checked when I get home in April 

enjoy your day..I may go to the pool this afternoon😍

Respected Contributor

Linda...much happiness on the expected baby.. is this the second?.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, their little boy turned three in January.  

Have fun at the pool if you make it there.