Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMEd SHOPAHOLICs week of March 18

today was busy. R wasn't feeling well and managed to get an appointment at the VA clinic. They tested for type B influenza and put him on tamiflu. They sent us to local pharmacies. CVS was out. Luckily WM had it.  He is having a lot of pain with the left wrist too.

Barbara, I hope Amie has a much better day tomorrow. Shaking my head regarding the hot cheetos.

Linda, a soggy tuna sandwich is a sad substitute for quiche. I'm glad the company was good. I know you and your DH will miss the caregiver. I hope her replacement is just as good.

Pippen goes to the vet again tomorrow morning. I'm not sure what more can be done. Poor fellow.

Respected Contributor

Laurianne, so sorry that r is ****** again. ((((Hugs))’k

Respected Contributor

Yikes..I do not know where that name came from...I meant to say to Claudia, I am sorry r is ill again. The new reported that influenza b is going around.

i had a long choir rehearsal this morning in preparation for all of the singing during Holy Week. We had our farewell potluck afterwards, which was fun. Nothing else on the agenda today.

syd has an audition for a movie role tomorrow. She made the forest round of cuts today. We shall see.

it is very windy out...I have the window open so it will get dusty from I cannot be in a closed up house when it is nice out.

have a good day.

Respected Contributor

No problem with the name, Barbara. Autocorrect comes up with the craziest substitutions. Hope it goes well for Sydnie. You'll have quite a bit of singing for Holy Week.

Sunny but temperatures were only in the mid 30's today. R complained he didn't feel any better. I explained it lessens the severity and the length of time he's sick. My ears are plugged up -  the usual spring allergies have struck.

Pippen went to the vet this morning. The bladder infection is a bit better. They changed the antibiotic and added another pill to stimulate appetite. He was not pleased. Even though he is not find of people he is easy going. No clawing to get away.

Another day of no cleaning. Giving R and the critters their meds plus waiting at the vet is exhausting when allergies are acting up.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear about your allergies and R's illness, Claudia.  Glad Pippen is slightly better, but I'm sure there is a long way to go.  You have your hands full, so I can understand not having time for chores.  Try to take care of yourself.

It is very windy here, Barbara.  I don't leave the windows open when it is so windy because papers, etc. fly all over the place.  It was so windy that they moved the OLL BBQ indoors.  Still, I am glad that I decided not to attend the BBQ since the one they had last year was disappointing at best.   The meeting was good, and DH was in pretty good shape earlier today.  He was awake when I arrived, but wasn't all that lively and closed his eyes several times.  He also didn't eat all of his lunch, but did not do too badly.

How exciting about Syd.  We might be saying "I knew her when....." someday.  Well, not exactly knew her, but......  DH's younger DGD plays the violin, and the kids (she is 11) played with the Oakland Symphony yesterday evening.  They paired her with a professional violinist, and apparently it went quite well.

I'm a bit behind with the laundry, etc., so I guess I better get with the program.

Sleep well everyone.

Hugs,

Linda