Honored Contributor

If this is fashion, I'm out.

I just can't get comfortable to all the new sleeves - whatever name they give them.  As I sit here David Dangle is showing what he's calling a tulip sleeve on an otherwise traditional blouse in colors I like. 

I own one and rarely choose to wear it.  And from a few years ago, I have a lovely light sweater with sleeve interest.  I suspect it will never wear out!

Anyone else with me on these sleeves or is your OUT something totally different?

Valued Contributor

Re: If this is fashion, I'm out.

My outs are also bell sleeves along with cold shoulder, open back, and others I can't even begin to enumerate.

Honored Contributor

Dress the way you want and let others do the same

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

just fashion

can wear it or not

supposed to be fun

I liked David's/Joan's blouse , the colors were a nice change from the usual, 

Esteemed Contributor

On a blouse the tulip sleeve is nice. Not for me on a classic shirt.

Honored Contributor

There’s something for everyone. If I liked everything i’d go broke.

Trusted Contributor

@millieshopswrote:

I just can't get comfortable to all the new sleeves - whatever name they give them.  As I sit here David Dangle is showing what he's calling a tulip sleeve on an otherwise traditional blouse in colors I like. 

I own one and rarely choose to wear it.  And from a few years ago, I have a lovely light sweater with sleeve interest.  I suspect it will never wear out!

Anyone else with me on these sleeves or is your OUT something totally different?

@millieshops It’s kind of like the pointy bras that male fashion designers created back in the 50s and 60s. They liked them, but it made us look like freaks. It minimalized our importance as women standing there with what looked like two weapons on our chests.

Some men who still have all the control in the fashion community(as far as what will be the next season’s fashion looks) are still at it. A powerful woman in the workplace giving a briefing to her male counterparts doesn’t want a lot of ditsy lace, ruffles, and tulip sleeves. Those looks don’t look professional in the workplace and are minimalizing to women. I’m not saying those looks don’t have their place outside of work. I’m just saying the hard working women who are getting promoted in corporate America are wearing classic, tailored fashions.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxoxwrote:

Where did the OP. say that people couldn't dress as they please ? It is ok to say you don't like a certain fashion trend.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I see lots of bell sleeves in every store I shop in - from high-end to discount.  But I never actually see any woman wearing bell sleeves anywhere where I live.  Somebody somewhere must be buying them because, like I said, they're for sale everywhere.   Personally, I don't like them for me.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1

Hmm guess you missed my point so sorry

@QVCkitty1wrote:

@I am still oxoxwrote:

Where did the OP. say that people couldn't dress as they please ? It is ok to say you don't like a certain fashion trend.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.