Respected Contributor

When you keep going back to view an item...over and over again.

There have been a few items that I seemed to have become obsessed with. I read the description, view the video, then watch for reviews.  I then convince myself that I don't need it...only to go back to it again and again.  I have even ordered and cancelled a few times.  Can anyone relate?  Usually, I end up ordering if I don't stop looking at it and thinking about it.  This doesn't happen often, but sometimes a top, dress, etc. takes up space in my head Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: When you keep going back to view an item...over and over again.

I put it in my cart @Trudey and think about it, and see if the discount fairy sends me a message.  Sometimes I will get an additional percentage off and other times I'll get free shipping.Cat Surprised

Of course, that doesn't work HERE! Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I do the same as Lolakimono, I put it in my cart (save for later) and will think about it a day or two.  Then I'll know if I really am obsessed by it enough to purchase.  Sometimes it may sell out but then I just tell myself it wasn't meant to be and I saved money too!  Solved!

Honored Contributor

@Trudey  I'm going through it with something from Best Buy Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Trudey I do the same thing. The reason for me is i don’t like sending things back so I try really hard to get it right the first time. If it’s not TSV I do as the other ladies and put in my cart.

Honored Contributor

I won't tell a lie.  98% of the time I buy it.  😎

Respected Contributor

@Trudey ... Do you have a budget set up? Does that include savings for retirement and a separate emergency saving account? You should have some disposable income in a budget so that you do not need to feel guilty purchasing things for yourself. I always ask myself if I really need it or if I just want it. If it is something that I just want, I think about it for a few days and buy it if I still want it. We follow our budget religiously. We each have a fairly liberal "allowance" for extras that we want. We are retired. If there is something really pricey, we talk it over.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Esteemed Contributor

@Trudeywrote:

There have been a few items that I seemed to have become obsessed with. I read the description, view the video, then watch for reviews.  I then convince myself that I don't need it...only to go back to it again and again.  I have even ordered and cancelled a few times.  Can anyone relate?  Usually, I end up ordering if I don't stop looking at it and thinking about it.  This doesn't happen often, but sometimes a top, dress, etc. takes up space in my head Smiley Happy

@Trudey  ...

This is the story of my shopping life!  I do it so often ... lately, though, I end of canceling the QVC items more often than not, because of the short time frame between ordering to being unable to cancel.

Respected Contributor

LOL!  I'm glad I'm not alone.  There is a caftan by Kim Gravel that I have been obsessed with.  I have never worn a caftan, but I just love the embellishments, fabric, color and the style.  I even posted about it on this forum.  I put it in my cart.  Then I placed it on my wish list.  I kept going back to it, so I finally ordered it.  I'm okay with sending it back if I don't love it, but I just have to try it.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I will wait, but, if I love it, I LOVE it.  I'll see it forever if I don't get it, sometimes literally for years.