Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMEd SHOPAHOLICs week of March 18

Linda, how excited your sil must be. Too bad eldest vs got stuck in traffic. At least it wasn't his first day.

Take it easy straightening up the house, Barbara. I'm glad you had a nice visit and it's good Pepper is losing some weight.

The snow should miss us but just in case I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I went to Pet smart today ( about a 30 mile drive) and bought a pillpopper to use with Pippen. This morning I used tweezers to hold the half pill. I think it only worked because he was so surprised. I also gave him his liquid meds. Shortly I need to give him his evening meds. He has been using the litter box but not eating as far as I can tell. I also picked up a feeding syringe. This should be interesting.I

I have a portable air compressor for the car and have used it a couple times when I've been going someplace and found a low tire. It never seems to occur when our tire place is open. I hate doing it in bad weather. Too bad we can't just push a button and have it pump up to the correct amount.

It's more difficult to give cats medicine than it is to give dogs. At least Pippin is limited to one room and can't hide under anything. Still my heart sank when I was told two liquid meds and one half pill. I just hope he starts eating on his own.

Respected Contributor

Good morning. I decided to grocery shop via the Internet.my favorite stor has a website where you can order, pay and have you order delivered to your car. It was very easy and worked well for me. Since I am having these mobility issues, it makes things easier. 

Today is Sydnies 13 th Birthday...how time flies. I was in the room when she was born and cut the cord. Now she is a beautiful, grown up young lady...

linda..I liked the picture of your geranium..mine is a full planter. Frys has them every year for about 15 dollars. V forgot to water it but it seems fine. Hope your Dh is good today. Sounds like the eat is a big snow mess.

Claudia...sounds like you have your hands full,with Pippen. Hope he starts eating soon.we just bought a compressor for the golf cart tires and v is going to bring it home when he comes. We have Aaa to take care of things also.

m said pepper was shivering yesterday so she had to put a sweater on her. She was pretty fuzzy pre grooming.

Have a good day.😍

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Great idea about the groceries pick-up, Barbara.  DD loves that service at Wal-Mart.  I don't think our local stores have it, but hopefully it is coming.  One of my friends drove about 25 miles to pick up her groceries which seemed like a bit much for me.

Happy Birthday to Syd.  Time sure flies.

I know DD's area had a lot of snow today, and the college was closed.  My SIl worked from home, but oldest DGS had to go downtown early in the morning (drive and subway).  Hope he makes it home okay.  Army DGS made it to Best Buy okay, and I have my fingers crossed he makes it home with no issues.  Much closer, but still his truck was hit in the short distance between the store and home.

I'm happy with the geraniums, and I may buy a larger plant and planter next year.

Hope Pippen was okay today, Claudia.  I have heard that cats are more difficult than dogs as far as giving medicine goes.  I always had trouble with the dogs except a chewable pill that must have been meat flavored.  Also hope you, R, the dogs and other cats are okay, and there wasn't too much snow.

The hospice nurse DH has had most of the time he has been on hospice is leaving -- tomorrow is her last day.  I spent some time looking for a card and a token gift for her.  I'll really miss her, but I'm sure she has found a better job.  

DH was very sleepy and leaning to one side a lot today (even more than yesterday).  At least he ate fairly well.  The little plastic piece on my glasses (next to my nose) fell off, so I went to the eye doctor's office to have them repaired, and I also dropped off a banana bread at the adult day services.  I had not made one for them for a while.  Ended up being a busy day after all.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I hope Sydnie has a great day. Hard to believe she's 13. Time does fly. Good idea to shop the grocery store via the internet. I wish we had that option here.

We have had WAS but I am considering dropping it. Due to the low reimbursement rate none of the local providers are accepting it now. If I do renew it  (for our few out of the area trips) I will opt for the lowest cost.

No snow here. It was sunny but windy today.

Pippen is still uncooperative. I got the liquid meds in him but no luck with the pill. He also wasn't eating. The vet said I could try other foods. Anything to get him eating. I took up a small amount of R's farm milk and he did drink some. Tomorrow morning I'll pick up a different brand of canned food from the vet. I discovered he managed to squeeze under one of my dressers. I'm amazed he could. When I moved it to get him out a wheel came off. Grr. Right now I have it stabilized but when he's not being separated from the other cats I will need to reattach the wheel or take the other 3 off. It's an estate sale dresser but I love the robin's egg blue color. Circa 1940's I'd guess.

Linda, from the reports I've read, it seems your DD's area is getting lots of snow. Fingers crossed for eldest g's commute.

Respected Contributor

Linda, I know you'll miss the hospice nurse. I hope her replacement will be just as good. Hope Army vs has no problems either.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is cloudy here..think from the storms in California. There is a chance of rain tonight.

i am feeling good today...think I had a worse than normal infusion reaction...

plus the extr iron may be helping.

i have a pedicure this afternoon and choir rehearsal,tonight. 

Amies surgery went well..they did not have to fuse her foot..removed a lot of bone spurs . So she will have an easier recovery. 

Linda, sorry about the hospice nurse moving on. I do hope the next one is as good. But from my limited experience with my mom, they are all pretty good in that field. 

Claudia..is Pippen eating yet?.  Hope the storm missed you.

enjoy the rest of the day.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy to hear you are feeling better and Amie's surgery went well, Barbara.  They were predicting a high of 91 degrees here, but I don't know if it will get that warm.  It is pretty windy and a bit cloudy.  No rain in the picture as far as I know.  It should be 10 degrees cooler tomorrow and another 10 degrees cooler by Monday.  Strange weather.  Hope you enjoy the pedicure and choir practice, Barbara.  Is your choir doing a special presentation this Sunday?  I ask because ours is -- no sermon, etc.

Hope things went better with Pippen today, Claudia.  That is one difficult cat.  Also hope you, R, the dogs, and other cats are doing okay.  Sorry about the wheel coming off the dresser.

DD's area had a foot of snow, but fortunately, the two boys got home okay yesterday, and some of the snow is melting today.   And,  DD was able to get out to the grocery store for some needed food.

I'll be leaving to visit DH soon.  I did manage to get my hair cut this morning.

We got two more statements for DH's investments today, and I am hoping we have all of them by now.  I need to check.  Perhaps I will be able to take things to the CPA tomorrow or early next week..

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm glad Amie's surgery went well and she'll have an easier recovery. Also happy you are feeling better.

No Pippen is not doing better. I suspect he'll go to the vet tomorrow. The new canned food did not appeal to him.

It's sunny here but cold. We did not get any snow. R is off to his bowling.

When I last spoke to the former co-worker that i shared an aunt and uncle with she told me her 32 year old nephew had an inoperable brain tumor. He was a year older than Adam and they attended the same school for a while. I see the nephew just died - exactly a month after our uncle. Such a sad loss. His wife had just finished her medical residency.

Linda, fingers crossed that you now have all the statements needed for taxes. Darn I must remember to do the state form online.

It's good to hear both grandsons got home safely and your DD made it out to the store. Hopefully this is the last snowstorm. Is your hip pain getting better?

Due to Pippen I've not had the chance or energy to go through more cupboards. I've just tried to keep up with things that had to be done. I need to remind R again to call the VA dental. Since his last appointment his partial no longer fits. 

Respected Contributor

Good morning...it is nice here. I broke down and turned on the ac last night. The house was 80 at 8 and I need a cool room to sleep. It will go off tomorrow...

nothing exciting here...I am reorganizing clothes...trying to make a list of what I want to take home in the way of clothes..there are things here that I want to at home for the summer.

aie called..she is is pretty miserable today and just wanted to talk. I told her day 2 is always the hardest.

i went to wallyworld to pickup the things I forgot. There was a woman feeding her 6 month or so baby hot Cheetos. I won’t tell you what I thought. 

Linda, sorry the caregiver is also leaving..there is always a lot of change in that kind of work. I hope your lunch out is nice.

Claudia..is Pippen any better..glad the snow missed you. I have a ton of work to do when I get back north to reorganize Sydnies stuff. That will,take me all summer..lol

have a good day. 😍😍

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon! 

Hope the vet can help Pippen, Claudia.  What a time you have had with that cat.  I can understand that you haven't been up to organizing, etc.  Hope R's bowling went okay, and your weather is okay as well.  My hip is better, thanks.  It is not 100 percent better, but good enough that I don't need to take the OTC pill at night.  I am still modifying my exercises/walking which seems to help.  Also using the OTC cream.

It wasn't nearly that hot in the house here, Barbara.  I don't think it made it much past 73 indoors.  I think our house tends to retain the heat or cold which can and cannot be a good thing depending on the weather.  Sounds like you have lots to do this summer -- good luck.  Sorry Amie isn't feeling well.  I can't imagine feeding such a young child Cheetos, but then again, I never purchased them myself since I don't care for them.  I thought babies needed special food -- not so crunchy.   

Lunch out was nice except they ran out of the quiche I wanted.  It is a small place -- mostly for coffee and sweets.  I ended up with a tuna sandwich that was pretty soggy.  It was very difficult getting there since they were having an event in the area.  I thought I would be way early, and barely made it on time.  The company was good, and we ate outside on the patio.

I am sad about DH's caregiver, but I know she has been doing this work for years, and was ready to retire.  Also, she will be taking care of her grandchildren, and I know she will enjoy it.  Actually, I think she has been taking care of her grandchildren most weekends, and now she won't have to drive back and forth or do another job.  I don't think you could find a better caregiver than Cha Cha (her nickname), but I hope the new person will be nice.

While I am pretty ready to take the tax information to our CPA, I think I'll wait until Monday.  I never know when we will get one more form or a corrected form from the broker.  That will give me two more days for the mail to arrive.

DD said that DGD is having ear issues again -- poor kid seems to have some of my ear problems.  I suggested she get some custom-made ear plugs for when she washes her hair since that seems to be a problem for her (like me).  In the meantime, DD will get some ear plugs from the pharmacy.

I picked up a card for the caregiver, and now I plan to get her a gift card or just cash.  

Have a nice evening everyone and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda