Super Contributor
I think I get caught up in the hype and scarcity of this brand. I have several pairs of this brand that I don’t wear that much. My size is already on waitlist for most of the color options, and I find myself wanting to put an order on wait list even though the last thing I need is another pair of summer cropped jeans. I really don’t think capris are that flattering. I think that cropped (closer to the ankle) pants or jeans look better on short people.

I don’t think these were that flattering on the models and host during the original presentation. It looks like you would feel hot wearing that thick denim tight on the skin and those sweaters in the middle of summer. I think the trend is going toward looser fitting pants, so it’s sort of surprising that so many of QVC’s pants and shorts are tight fitting. I guess QVCs target audience hasn’t caught up to the trends yet.
Respected Contributor

@GoodyShoes wrote:
 I think the trend is going toward looser fitting pants, so it’s sort of surprising that so many of QVC’s pants and shorts are tight fitting. I guess QVCs target audience hasn’t caught up to the trends yet.

This all depends on the size that the model is wearing based on what they should be wearing. Also I have traveled extensively in the past in the US and outside and women want slim pants. Not necessarily tight but certainly not loose. To me there's nothing that makes a short person look shorter than wide pants and those goucho pants are the worst.  

E176A48A-336C-4050-8776-8DC26E2C545D.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

My normal NYDJ size is 14w or occasionally a 16w. There are no w sizes offered in this style. I wouldn't know what size to order! It seems a regular misses 16 or a plus 18 are the options but I just don't know. The NYDJ size chart is different from the Click Here garment dimensions. So I'll pass. Too bad because I like this style!

Esteemed Contributor

Why NO PETITES?  I'm out.

Respected Contributor
Of course the size chart is going to be different than the garment measurements. The size chart refers to the dimensions of your body. The garment measurements are the measurements of the actual garment.
Respected Contributor

I don't know if it is just me but I find myself tugging these up all day long as they continually slide down. I am also tired of all the waitlist for this brand. Every single time it seems.

Respected Contributor

@GoodyShoes wrote:
I think I get caught up in the hype and scarcity of this brand. I have several pairs of this brand that I don’t wear that much. My size is already on waitlist for most of the color options, and I find myself wanting to put an order on wait list even though the last thing I need is another pair of summer cropped jeans. I really don’t think capris are that flattering. I think that cropped (closer to the ankle) pants or jeans look better on short people.

I don’t think these were that flattering on the models and host during the original presentation. It looks like you would feel hot wearing that thick denim tight on the skin and those sweaters in the middle of summer. I think the trend is going toward looser fitting pants, so it’s sort of surprising that so many of QVC’s pants and shorts are tight fitting. I guess QVCs target audience hasn’t caught up to the trends yet.

At 5'1.5", I tend to agree with you. Never found cropped pants flattering...really on many people, definitely not on petites...I just find it a weird, "cut off" length. I prefer, for me, either capri, closer to just below the knee cap (peddle pusher) or ankle pants, just above or to the ankle, with a cute sandal, pump, shoe bootie. Only "cropped" I do is my boyfriend jeans, and like those best with a lifted type platform sandal or heel to balance the look.

Agree with you on NYDJ. I got turned off when during pandemic 2020, purchased my first NYDJ, TSV, straight leg Marilyn. After MUCH hype to 'SIZE DOWN ONE SIZE' is beat to death into you, I did just that. MUCH too tight (and that was before I put on some pandemic pounds!) I had wanted a pair to wear THEN not wait until pounds came down again. I should have definitely bought my normal size, it would have been fine. I should have just returned them, and couldn't exchange b'cuz by then they were sold out in my normal size, 4. I just figured they were a straight leg style I didn't have and wanted and I'd eventually go down enough to get into them. I've lost more than half of pandemic pounds but not even trying those until I'm all the way down!

As for the jeans themselves...they're ok, certainly not my favorite of the many brands I own, and I'm a true jeans gal. They were nothing that special to me, and that sizing misinformation was disappointing! They say it over and over and over to size down one. I did buy a pair of DG2's during pandemic, and they said to size down...which I did, to same size as I did the NYDJ...they did fit as described, so it wasn't just me getting "my size" wrong.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I don't know if it is just me but I find myself tugging these up all day long as they continually slide down. I am also tired of all the waitlist for this brand. Every single time it seems.

Happens to me too, @Gorgf , on all pull-ons:  on Laurie Felt's not so much though.

Honored Contributor

I thought this was all curvy.  Something i'm not.  I see a slim version, so I might check this out.  But NYDG is not something I usually buy.  

Esteemed Contributor
Doesn’t really fit this thread, but the one thing I hate about NYDJ is that you can’t see all options together on the website. You have to click on each color individually. And, if you aren’t watching, you have no idea what color is what because they aren’t called light wash, dark wash, etc. (even if you do watch, but turn on late - not like they go over colors every 2 seconds so you struggle to figure out what color the host is wearing). Or, because they do sell out, you have to click on everything just to find out which color still has your size. So annoying.