Honored Contributor

@Miss Amanti wrote:
Has anyone notice that Maxi dresses are getting longer and longer? I am 5'6 and I purchase a One World Maxi dress and it is sweeping the floor . Has anyone gotten theirs hemmed? I don't want to send it back because I paid extra for shipping?

The length is why I don't own any. I was at a B&M store last weekend & the dresses in their PETITE section would have dragged on the floor on me. I don't normally wear a petite size. 

Trusted Contributor
I don't really see anyone wearing maxi dresses in the suburbs of
Philadelphia. Maybe I just don't get out enough.
Honored Contributor

Re: Maxi Dresses

[ Edited ]

I have an idea!  How about long MAXI VESTS?   Maybe in knit fabrics and/or in Fall/Winter prints.  To wear with longer sleeved lightweight Tee-tops, or mock (or turtleneck) tops underneath.  I invision some of them having buttons all the way down, so we can unbutton a few buttons of the maxi dress vest at the bottom hemline.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor
Ok, no one has ever said this before, so I am going to throw it out there! I love how a maxi looks, and most women who wear them look to be cool and comfortable. I however, feel like I am wearing a Snuggie!! You know, those blankets with sleeves that were a popular infomercial a while back???? I am covered from head to toe in fabric and I die of heat in the darn things!!! In my mind the maxi is just a pretty version of a Snuggie!!! Can't wear them for the life of me......hahahaha!!! Well, maybe curled up in front of the fireplace with hot chocolate!!!
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I have an idea!  How about long MAXI VESTS?   Maybe in knit fabrics and/or in Fall/Winter prints.  To wear with longer sleeved lightweight Tee-tops, or mock (or turtleneck) tops underneath.  I invision some of them having buttons all the way down, so we can unbutton a few buttons of the maxi dress vest at the bottom hemline.

I love this idea! Long ones were popular a few decades ago, too.

I really like vests. I think I would like long ones with just a few buttons mid-chest area. I think calf length would be as long as I would want & I think maybe worn with slin cut pants/jeans. Not sure how it would look with wide leg pants but it would probably be good over a maxi dress, too.