Honored Contributor

I like some of Evine's Maxis but they are all about a foot too long for me. Most maxis are so I do not own any.

Honored Contributor

Re: Maxi Dresses

[ Edited ]

I see maxis at work every single day. They are very popular. Some look good, some don't. 

Honored Contributor

Personally, I like them.  I don't have any yet, but I would love some.  I wear long skirts all the time though!  I think they can be dressed up or down with a shrug, or jacket.  They have coverage, so nylons are not an issue...or a tan!  Most all maxi's I have seen have spaghetti straps or are sleeveless in some way.  I need sleeves, so I would need a short shrug or crochet cardigan to go go over it.  They are so cool for summer.  Summer never seems to end here in California .

Occasional Contributor
Has anyone notice that Maxi dresses are getting longer and longer? I am 5'6 and I purchase a One World Maxi dress and it is sweeping the floor . Has anyone gotten theirs hemmed? I don't want to send it back because I paid extra for shipping?
Honored Contributor

I don't like them if they are so long you could trip on them. They need to be hemmed most of the time. They are definitely longer this year.

Occasional Contributor

Hello Scratchingpost, I Just bought my wife two Maxi dresses in the last 3 weeks! She likes them!Smiley Wink I also got her a George Simonton (dont know if I spelled rite) Maxi Skirt!Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Shoekitty, My wife thought she would have to have sleeves too! the shrug works well! go ahead and get your self one! I think Maxi,s are a good look!Smiley Happy I Just posed here that I have bought my wife two of them! Have a nice Day!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Maxi Dresses

[ Edited ]

My favorites are the LC t- shirt style dresses.. I do not care for maxi dresses on me . But, I like a longer skirt to the knee.

Honored Contributor

Even though I don't wear them, I love the look.  It's just that I haven't seen many worn around here, but I must admit that I haven't been looking/noticing.  Lots of maxi's at wedding receptions, etc., though.  I think I'll try wearing them.  I have a couple of older Ikat type dresses, one being a heavier challis fabric ikat print in Fall colors  that I used to layer a lightweight turtleneck underneath.  I just might order/find a few new maxi's and force myself to wear them.  They seem comfortable; easy to wear.  This is a cool climate, so I'll have to find not-so-Summery fabrics and prints.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I've worn them for probably 15 years and love them. They allow the air to flow and keep you cool in the heat. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval