Occasional Contributor

Evine Live sells tons of Maxi Dresses. Are they really that popular?

Respected Contributor

Maxi skirts and maxi dresses are extremely popular where I live and everywhere I've visited lately.  Every retailer is selling them, at all price points.  Women love them and are definitely wearing them. 

Honored Contributor

I like them and have worn them for several years. They are popular as Chrystaltree said.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

They're definitely popular around here.  I see them everywhere, from church to the grocery store.  A maxi feels so cool in our hot, humid weather! 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Very popular here in Chicago.  I ordered two of the Maxi's they have as their TTV today last night and then this morning after looking in my closet I decided I had to cancel them.  I have soooo many maxi dresses as it is.  They are kinda like potato chips for me.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

Also very popular in my resort area of Fl.

Honored Contributor

I don't really care how other people dress and if I liked maxi dresses, I would wear them more but I don't see them a lot around here except at  showers and graduation parties now. 

I did attend a graduation party Saturday and there wasn't one maxi.  Lots of dresses but they were all above the knee.  I never see anyone in a maxi grocery shopping or even while I'm shopping and running around on the weekends.

I don't think they are appropriate for many work environments as I find there to be a real casualness to them if they are a true, to the floor maxi.  Evine does way too many at a top value.  It's just about all they've offered as a TTV over the last couple of months.

Frequent Contributor

maxidresses and wedge shoes are a staple in my wardrobe...just wished more brands offered petites

Honored Contributor

i have been buying maxi skirts and maxi dresses for the past 5 years or so. i love them! cool and comfortable, i can wear them to work, to shop, to go out to dinner, to just do errands. love the look and love how you pretty much dont have to do a lot of thinking, especially with a dress. all you have to do is add your jewelry, find a shoe, and you can be out the door quickly.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Very popular in the south.  Good way to look feminine in the heat.