Super Contributor

Lisa answers 2 big questions…..

For those interested and who are not on FB, I know you all like to be in the know like everyone else so wanted to pass along info that Lisa herself answered yesterday... her future whereabouts and GILI.

First off, her next adventure… Quoting Lisa when someone asks what she will be doing… "I am not trying to be difficult, I am just not sure yet. I love what I have done for 20 years, but I love it to the point of not having any moment that isn't it. I want to take a breath, have a life, and believe that there are new adventures waiting for me. But I have to finish this chapter first."

Secondly, the future of GILI when someone asked if QVC will continue with her GILI line. Lisa states, "Hi Sylvia, I do not know officially but I strongly suspect they will continue the line. The clothes for the first 6 months are already designed. The handbags for next year are pretty much done. It has become quite successful so I cannot imagine them stopping it. It will just not be me designing it anymore."

Glad Lisa has addressed her fans biggest questions. Hopefully this will end all the speculation. Sounds to me like Lisa really doesn't have a solid platform as of right now of where she'll end up but is looking to explore what comes her way. It also concludes she will not be coming back to Q as the GILI vendor. It does leave me wondering once this new stock of GILI expires that had Lisa's eye behind it, what the new designs will look like down the road. Hopefully it will remain edgy and fashion forward because I think Q desperately needs that type of look incorporated into their fashions.

Also her decision to leave doesn't sound to me like it was solely LR's especially when I specifically remember back in September she was giddy and excited talking about the return of her LRS show coming back in February for its new season.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa answers 2 big questions…..

Interesting. I'm glad she's totally moving on if that's the case. New adventures!!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Thansk, TrailBlazer! I went to both of her FB pages and couldn't find them. Are they still visible?

Occasional Contributor

since this was announced I have thought about her decision and the "why" like many have and her response above makes me think this even more.

She's spent 20 years on what seems to be a growing grueling schedule. Since Joan Rivers' death....it makes me think maybe she has reevaluated her life, how she spends her time, and maybe the answer she has come up with is its time to do something different! As many of us know when there is a death...it sometimes makes you reflect on your life and sometimes you make changes...

Good for her...

Valued Contributor

I don't read OP's post and deduce that Lisa was forced out at all...(even if she was considering leaving QVC she would still show enthusiasm regarding any upcoming GILI shows).

When I read her message, it sounds like between GILI and her regular assignments on QVC she didn't have any time to herself..per Lisa " but I love it to the point of not having any moment that isn't it."

She had posted at one time that the GILI line was a full time job by itself....I'm sure she had a team working with her...(just like SG, LG, etc) but it sounds like she did some soul searching and decided she wanted a life "outside" QVC and the status quo did not allow for that...

Trusted Contributor

I dont agree that it seems like her decision wasn't entirely her own! People leave jobs for a variety of reasons. Perhaps she had salary demands that she felt she deserved or ideas for future projects that the QVC execs were not willing to agree to which in turn made it necessary for her to leave. Even though it may be a difficult decision, if your employer will no longer meet your goals then one knows that it's time to lmove on.
Honored Contributor

I would think that since her current contract isn't over yet and there are probably clauses that prevent her from announcing or entering into another career while still employed at the Q and there may be a waiting period before she can proceed in certain areas so all the speculation that it wasn't her decision to leave is just that speculation and probably has no truth to it whatsoever!!!

Honored Contributor

I can't get over the line that somebody else will be designing for GILI now. LOL. Lisa is not a designer and didn't design anything.

Honored Contributor

I haven't been to her Facebook page in awhile. I still don't fully believe her "response" that was posted on this thread. She may not know for sure which avenue she's going to pursue, but I'd bet more than a dollar she has several opportunities awaiting her.

She's not even 50 years old, and she has no children. She'd be bored out of her mind, imo, without working. Most of her friends work--obviously and I think her family lives out of town.

I think she's deciding between different opportunities that have been presented to her.

I still firmly believe Lisa is leaving on her own. People don't walk away from jobs paying that kind of coin, at that age, without very good reason. I've been in sales for 20 years, and they don't push top sales people out without good reason. Lisa obviously hasn't given them any good reason to push her out. She's professional on air and has a huge, loyal following. I also firmly believe she is their top seller whether one wants to hear that or not.

She may be overwhelmed with the demands of the job and she may not like the direction the Company is going with new leadership, but she's been through plenty of changes on QVC the past 20 years and I would find it highly suspect that would be the reason she's leaving. I think she has something in the works, but she may want to take some time off.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

On 10/16/2014 TrailBlazer05 said:

", but I love it to the point of not having any moment that isn't it.

What does this phrase mean? I am having trouble parsing (is that the word?) it. Is it a double negative?

??????

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York