Valued Contributor

Re: Lisa answers 2 big questions…..

On 10/16/2014 winamac1 said:

I haven't been to her Facebook page in awhile. I still don't fully believe her "response" that was posted on this thread. She may not know for sure which avenue she's going to pursue, but I'd bet more than a dollar she has several opportunities awaiting her.

She's not even 50 years old, and she has no children. She'd be bored out of her mind, imo, without working. Most of her friends work--obviously and I think her family lives out of town.

I think she's deciding between different opportunities that have been presented to her.

I still firmly believe Lisa is leaving on her own. People don't walk away from jobs paying that kind of coin, at that age, without very good reason. I've been in sales for 20 years, and they don't push top sales people out without good reason. Lisa obviously hasn't given them any good reason to push her out. She's professional on air and has a huge, loyal following. I also firmly believe she is their top seller whether one wants to hear that or not.

She may be overwhelmed with the demands of the job and she may not like the direction the Company is going with new leadership, but she's been through plenty of changes on QVC the past 20 years and I would find it highly suspect that would be the reason she's leaving. I think she has something in the works, but she may want to take some time off.

Agree, completely..Plus, I don't think she is going to post any of her opportunities on FB while she is still employed with QVC.

Honored Contributor

On 10/16/2014 Luv_My_Beagle said:
On 10/16/2014 winamac1 said:

I haven't been to her Facebook page in awhile. I still don't fully believe her "response" that was posted on this thread. She may not know for sure which avenue she's going to pursue, but I'd bet more than a dollar she has several opportunities awaiting her.

She's not even 50 years old, and she has no children. She'd be bored out of her mind, imo, without working. Most of her friends work--obviously and I think her family lives out of town.

I think she's deciding between different opportunities that have been presented to her.

I still firmly believe Lisa is leaving on her own. People don't walk away from jobs paying that kind of coin, at that age, without very good reason. I've been in sales for 20 years, and they don't push top sales people out without good reason. Lisa obviously hasn't given them any good reason to push her out. She's professional on air and has a huge, loyal following. I also firmly believe she is their top seller whether one wants to hear that or not.

She may be overwhelmed with the demands of the job and she may not like the direction the Company is going with new leadership, but she's been through plenty of changes on QVC the past 20 years and I would find it highly suspect that would be the reason she's leaving. I think she has something in the works, but she may want to take some time off.

Agree, completely..Plus, I don't think she is going to post any of her opportunities on FB while she is still employed with QVC.

I agree. She's too smart to post her plans.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

On 10/16/2014 Beejene said: I dont agree that it seems like her decision wasn't entirely her own! People leave jobs for a variety of reasons. Perhaps she had salary demands that she felt she deserved or ideas for future projects that the QVC execs were not willing to agree to which in turn made it necessary for her to leave. Even though it may be a difficult decision, if your employer will no longer meet your goals then one knows that it's time to lmove on.

This is the most sensible and realistic post on here !!!!! Thank you Beejene for posting this !!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Esteemed Contributor

I think the only person who has shown any great interest in fashion and who has a following specifically related to style is Amy. I just don't see her personal style fitting into the GILI brand, but, if she were the one to take over, at least it would retain a current, edgy vibe. Otherwise, I don't see any other host taking it over (or, me personally believing any other host taking it over). Maybe it will become an offshoot of another brand. GILI by Susan Graver? Or Renee Goldstein?

I didn't see that particular response from Lisa, but I did see one similar. Honestly, people are too nosy. Maybe she doesn't have any firm plans and has many ideas floating around. But she also most likely has a contractual obligation NOT to say anything until a few months afterwards. She most likely won't be able to be on television for several months, assuming she is going to get another television job (which she may not be)

Honored Contributor

To me those responses make it sound like mild burnout and a midlife reassessment. Good for her. There is more to life than hahnd bahgs. But it'd be difficult to be good and convincing at an all-encompassing lifestyle sales job like hers and not not make your life all about material goods.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

Lisa's lack of knowledge in GILI'S direction shows me this decision to leave was more sudden.

Any designer is at work right at a year and has a plan B if A is not panning out as planned.

It shows me Lisa's decision was more sudden that planned out. Whomever pushed the decision tossed plan A aside seeming to scrap the initial design or re vamp it .

I see her point in a desire for change yet I hope if it were her decision she give thought to taking off for a year and really thinking hard and doing something just for herself.

I am already seeing her in the average pool of personas who left one job to become invisible. Take the View it has seen more changes than the price of fuel and most of those girls were at one point much more than talk show host...

I wish her new venture well and I wish her peace,joy and health.

Super Contributor

She has said that she's made many friends in Italy, maybe Lisa's going there for a nice long vacation. That would,be fun!
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/16/2014 Peaches McPhee said:
On 10/16/2014 TrailBlazer05 said:

", but I love it to the point of not having any moment that isn't it.

What does this phrase mean? I am having trouble parsing (is that the word?) it. Is it a double negative?

??????

I love what I have done for 20 years, but I love it to the point of not having any moment that isn't it.

Had to re-read it as I didn't originally catch the meaning. Basically, she's just saying that she may love her job, but she loves it so much that she has allowed it to take over her entire life. Life is too short and she wants time to relax and take it easy too.

Honored Contributor

On 10/16/2014 Pook said:

I would think that since her current contract isn't over yet and there are probably clauses that prevent her from announcing or entering into another career while still employed at the Q and there may be a waiting period before she can proceed in certain areas so all the speculation that it wasn't her decision to leave is just that speculation and probably has no truth to it whatsoever!!!

I agree with you 100%.

Plus, I know from personal experience how difficult it is to plan for another career when giving 110% to the one you are currently involved in.

I left a job I had held for 16 years and an industry I had been in for 30 years. I knew I would need several months to devote 24/7 to planning my new direction and it was unfair to do it while still employed.

Lisa also worked crazy, mixed up shifts, making planning even more difficult. I think she will be taking several months after she leaves to fully solidify her next job and prepare for her future. I can see her working for her own company with backing from the people she has worked closely with over the years.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/16/2014 BOYINTX said:

I am already seeing her in the average pool of personas who left one job to become invisible. Take the View it has seen more changes than the price of fuel and most of those girls were at one point much more than talk show host...

I wish her new venture well and I wish her peace,joy and health.

That's assuming she doesn't want to become invisible. So many people assume she wants another television job - maybe she wants something behind the scenes? People point to Patti and Kathy as failures for not succeeding in another television role - but, they don't know them. They may be happy with their life and glad they no longer have the stress of day to day sales.