Trusted Contributor

Re: Lisa answers 2 big questions…..

On 11/13/2014 12andcounting said:
On 11/13/2014 brii said:
On 11/13/2014 12andcounting said:
On 11/13/2014 jmsmall said:

Does anyone think that Lisa may try an acting career?!

This is a joke, right?

LOL

Scary thing is I don't think so.

Oh, good grief. Will the madness ever end?{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Unfortunately not until December 13th. I really hope Lisa doesn't read all this ridiculousness. Whatever she does when she leaves is no ones business but her own and all this speculating is really getting old. All I can say is I am a big fan of Lisa's and I will miss her but she needs a life and it is apparent that she doesn't have one with all she has on her plate now. I wish her the best of luck in whatever she decides to do.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Lisa answers 2 big questions…..

On 10/17/2014 DREAMON said:

I think Lisa has worked hard and deserves what ever she can afford, wants, or needs.

The only negative I see (and this is just how I personally feel) is that one minute the GILI line was her life dream and we (me) were all reeled in and buying her select picks that she has chosen for us that she loves... and the next minute the GILI thing is just not that important at all. I guess it truly always was just about sales and profit. That is easy to forget that when you do get reeled in. My eyes are a little more open now.

She does not own the Gili line QVC does. She copies some of her own things and puts her own spin on them. After that the Q takes over and has these items manufactured in China. Maybe because there were so many complaints and returns of her Gili Roma 2, she felt responsible because her name is associated with the line. Maybe she didn't agree with how the Q handled the manufacturing. There are many different manufacturers, some are at the bottom, some in the middle and then there's the ones at the top. Do you think QVC would use the same top manufacturers as Michael Kors or Tori Burch or any of the other top designers use? Maybe Lisa wanted a better manufacturer since her name was associated with the brand and when all the complaints and returns started coming in, there were problems. I'm sure she felt bad especially since when they first came in, she was so proud and then when she presented them she was just over the moon about them. I don't think she ever expected so many problems and returns.