Super Contributor

Re: Lisa R's Next Excellent Adventure?

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

Not a good look. I never thought LR was good at putting herself together. She would wear strange looking shoes with her outfits, or wrong bag with outfit. Just wasn't her best thing putting herself together.

I think LR has to do the carrot and stick thing with the jewelry. If you don't give your fans "something," they're not going to hang around forever on recipes and her trips.

I agree! Buying expensive items does not a fashionista make!!! Her being called that always cracked me up. A true fashionista is not afraid to ever step out of the proverbial box. If there was ever someone stuck in a box, it was LR for sure. So stuck in the 90s! And please....who still wears those silly wedge sneakers? Unless one is a rapper and/or a rapper's girlfriend, I think those things were "hot" for like 15 seconds a year or two ago. But that's Lisa....always 6 months late to the fashion party and once she "gets" there, refusing to leave! 

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Esteemed Contributor

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

Not a good look. I never thought LR was good at putting herself together. She would wear strange looking shoes with her outfits, or wrong bag with outfit. Just wasn't her best thing putting herself together.

I think LR has to do the carrot and stick thing with the jewelry. If you don't give your fans "something," they're not going to hang around forever on recipes and her trips.

I agree! Buying expensive items does not a fashionista make!!! Her being called that always cracked me up. A true fashionista is not afraid to ever step out of the proverbial box. If there was ever someone stuck in a box, it was LR for sure. So stuck in the 90s! And please....who still wears those silly wedge sneakers? Unless one is a rapper and/or a rapper's girlfriend, I think those things were "hot" for like 15 seconds a year or two ago. But that's Lisa....always 6 months late to the fashion party and once she "gets" there, refusing to leave! 

And giving fashion advice and suggestions on the "white shirt." Like that has never been done before, @Iluvhandbags. She can always go through 1000 ways to wear your Obi....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

@Iluvhandbags Oh my, your post is funny. Thanks so much for the laugh.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

It's not unusual for a celebrity to employ a personal assistant.   (They used to be called a butler or secretary.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

And giving fashion advice and suggestions on the "white shirt." Like that has never been done before, @Iluvhandbags. She can always go through 1000 ways to wear your Obi....

That reminds me of that old country song.....instead of "50 ways to lose a lover", it's "50 ways to tie an Obi"!! 😆😆

And don't forget to "pop a collar".....

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Honored Contributor

#leadwiththetassel

Valued Contributor

April 2015

http://www.etonline.com/fashion/162225_5_trends_to_stop_wearing_now_peplum_wedge_sneakers_more/

"5 Trends to Stop Wearing Now:

Peplum, Wedge Sneakers & More!

3. Wedge Sneakers:

The footwear trend reached its peak

last year

with endless color combos and added just the right amount of height to elevate any casual look. This season retire the once fashionable and functional shoe and embrace normcore with all-white sneakers."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whatever her next venture, I still think Lisa is a smart woman with a talent for design. I was never interested in her fashion sense because she likes tight, cropped, mermaid hold-overs, and that's never my own style.  However I really liked most of her home design suggestions; I think she has wonderful talent there and can put her stamp on new things.  Other than that, none of her "teases" interest me.

Her daily posts must assuredly work for her "tribe." They even send her flowers to her home (Lisa said they manage to get them delivered to her through Katie).  Lisa can post a blank page with only the word Hello, and her tribe would still campaign for her Nobel Peace Prize. Creepingly odd to me, but again, a result of her smart marketing.

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

I don't think her adventures are "excellent."  Sorry-have never been a fan......

I always liked what I saw on QVC.  I met her once at a Beauty Bash.  She's prettier in person and was very sweet.

That being said, I  just don't think she knows how to put "outfits" and pieces together.  There is always something "off" with her look.  It never "flows" in a seamless manner.  She's not a style maven.   Items are too tight, the proportion is usually off, buttons are almost ready to pop and oftentimes shoes don't "go" with the outfits.  I think she has great taste in home decorating items, and she knows how to put Christmas together well in her home, but personally, she's a bit of a fashion miss.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I never like what she's wearing.  LOL

The necklace is nothing special.  I bet it's going to be expensive and the quality will be lacking.