Respected Contributor

New Vanassa Williams collection

The new collection is now on line at Evine. I did order the Ivory cap sleeve empire dress, it's lined and appears to have a built in bra? I checked the garment measurements, looked like it ran small so I ordered XL ( I'm a size 14 now).

Just a heads up.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: New Vanassa Williams collection

@Mustang Shar - Hi Shar I look at the posted items last night. I'm a bit surprised to see how cheesy this line looks- overpriced poly.

My impression is most of the items do not look like good quality & prices are high. $82 + $7 s&h is too high for a poly dress that will be shipped in a baggie.  The tunic with the flutter sleeves has a horrible looking neckline design , item 727-727. I can't imagine Vanessa wearing some of this stuff.

I think HSN has the best quality & styling of so called celebrity home shopping lines. I'm looking forward to IMAN's return this weekend. She has a TS on Sunday. 

I'm going to DVR Vanessa's launch show but doubt I will be ordering anything. Please post a review of the dress. Hope you love it & Happy St Patty's Day!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I didn't see anything that appealed to me, but I like knowing she has a line there that I can check out every once in a while -- thank you @Mustang Shar

Trusted Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

The new collection is now on line at Evine. I did order the Ivory cap sleeve empire dress, it's lined and appears to have a built in bra? I checked the garment measurements, looked like it ran small so I ordered XL ( I'm a size 14 now).

Tha't a pretty dress. Please report back on how you like it.  The line seems to have QVC like pricing, so certainly not out of the norm.

Honored Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

Cute dress! I wouldn't be concerned about the quality assuming the line is in conjunction with evine and not her own manufacturer. I had great luck with Fairchild and horrible with the Countess. The only Iman piece(s) I ordered were straight up garbage and while the G pants I got recently were well made I would not have paid her (I should say HSN's) asking price!

I notice all the pseudo-designers (celebs) over price for their wares...In comparison V isn't so bad...

Honored Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@Mustang Shar wrote:

Tha't a pretty dress. Please report back on how you like it.  The line seems to have QVC like pricing, so certainly not out of the norm.

Lol, QVC fashion pricing is high, generally higher than competition including Evine. Overall, Evine fashion pricing tends to be lower than what they have done for V. And both Evine & HSN have excellent buys on clearance.

I'm just a bit surprised-given how stylish & gorgeous Vanessa is, I expected the items to look more chic. I think the entire line is overpriced. But maybe they will have reduced pricing for some items when it's presented. You should check out that tunic I referenced above- I zoomed in b/c I thought photography was bad. The vertical neckline strip looks like an afterthought using up some leftover fabric. 

Conversely. I've been really impressed with IMAN 's Platinum collection as well as Giuliana's line, and major scores picking up clearance items. Looks like IMAN's new TS is an update to her palazzo pants duo from last year. Really happy to see her return & it should be a full day of fashions on Sunday at HSN!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Many of Evine's items look cheap and tacky--fashion wise.  I did buy a really cute TTV Kate and Mallory top that I love, but that is kind of a rare exception.  I don't have much luck with Evine clothing.  I do like Cozelle though.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I just checked it out.  I don't like much of anything.  I think it's overpriced and looks "cheap". 

I like this top though.

http://www.evine.com/Product/727-725

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@Mustang Shar wrote:

Lol, QVC fashion pricing is high, generally higher than competition including Evine. Overall, Evine fashion pricing tends to be lower than what they have done for V. And both Evine & HSN have excellent buys on clearance.

I'm just a bit surprised-given how stylish & gorgeous Vanessa is, I expected the items to look more chic. I think the entire line is overpriced. But maybe they will have reduced pricing for some items when it's presented. You should check out that tunic I referenced above- I zoomed in b/c I thought photography was bad. The vertical neckline strip looks like an afterthought using up some leftover fabric. 

Conversely. I've been really impressed with IMAN 's Platinum collection as well as Giuliana's line, and major scores picking up clearance items. Looks like IMAN's new TS is an update to her palazzo pants duo from last year. Really happy to see her return & it should be a full day of fashions on Sunday at HSN!!!

I was hoping for better styles as well. But I liked the dress for summer and car show events. Vanessa is stunning....maybe we can expect better for future? 

Honored Contributor

The offerings are disappointing..to say the least.