Esteemed Contributor

Re: Linea by Louis Dell'Olio

[ Edited ]

I absolutely agree with KathyPet. I bought so many Linea pieces in the early years that I lost count. The QVC brass had other plans. We were thrilled when they kept the line, thanks to all his fans banding together to fight. To me, though, we won the battle but lost the war. The clothes that Louis is allowed to bring to QVC now are nothing compared to his original offerings. Silk, cotton, linen, classic styling, excellent workmanship...I could go on...those were Linea highlights. Now it's polyester, rayon, and simple designs. Those who are new to Linea have no idea what they're missing...what we're all missing.

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

@kelsey17 wrote:

I think Louis is great too..........have a few of his items...but i was thinking because he has his own company and the clothing is such a good quality...he could prob not produce for QVC in mass volume without giving up the style and quality that he has represented for so  many years and i don't think he would be willing to sell less quality items to reap a larger profit.......he seems to dedicated to bringing the best products to the customers...

UNfortunately that change has already happened.  THe Linea line of today is nothing like what it was a few years ago when he sold beautiful leather and suede jackets and silk blouses and wool pants and skirts.  NOw we get lots of  polyester and hoodies.  OBviously interest in the line has declined too.  In the past chats during a live show with dedicated customers would go on for pages and pages of posts.  CUstomers would stay up until midnight the day of a show to wait for new items to be loaded so they could get their orders in as things sold out immediately when shows began.  That doesn't occur any more either.  Louis has stated that he had to discontinue offering these expensive fabrics because he was unable to obtain the fabrics he wanted at the price point QVC demanded he sell items for.  So another designer who was forced to either reduce the quality of the fabric or stop designing for QVC.

Thanks for your reply KathyPet..............the one thing i was surprised at i admit is the casual wear he has been showing lately......................

Respected Contributor

What ever negatives anyone can come up with, I still think Linea and Louis Dell'Olio are the best. His quality IMHO is the best on the Q. I have lost count on how many sweater I own. His Super Ponte is fabulous, and I love the quality of cotton he uses for the "Kate" shirt. I just received his new tee shirt, and I'm ready to order more, only they sold out! His  faux Shetlands are wonderful and the trench coat is as good as a Burberry at a quarter of the price. My point is what ever limitations he has, he is still giving us quality clothing I too would love the fabrics he was able to use in the past, but they probably wouldn't sell at the prices they would have to be. I remember a suede TSV for something like  $80. I have 3 of his leather Moto jackets with the knit and couldn't be happier. Let's not forget the Linea Body line which I also love. I think it's a shame the tights are on clearance and won't be coming back. If we want these things WE have to support them, and can't complain latter when they are gone. The jewelry is also fabulous! QVC's lack of support is astounding. The Trapeze necklace, the wire cuffs and the Y bar necklace, his most recent offerings, all sold out. What more proof do they need. Sorry if I sound preachy, but it's very frustrating. Louis had many TSVs in the past and they were al sell outs. I think he would do much better than Halston just did or Lisa Rinna. Finished with my rant, for now.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@tansy,   Just a guess.  There has to be some kind of arrangement between vendor & the Q.  I guess I noticed when Michael Dawkins was on and he usually had some off prime time hours 2 am or 3 am and maybe one show in prime time.   Do you know how it works?  Cat Very Happy

I've often wondered why L is on at the worst times. He spends time that is certainly not awake time. I love his collections. Why just him?

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

@kelsey17 wrote:

I think Louis is great too..........have a few of his items...but i was thinking because he has his own company and the clothing is such a good quality...he could prob not produce for QVC in mass volume without giving up the style and quality that he has represented for so  many years and i don't think he would be willing to sell less quality items to reap a larger profit.......he seems to dedicated to bringing the best products to the customers...

UNfortunately that change has already happened.  THe Linea line of today is nothing like what it was a few years ago when he sold beautiful leather and suede jackets and silk blouses and wool pants and skirts.  NOw we get lots of  polyester and hoodies.  OBviously interest in the line has declined too.  In the past chats during a live show with dedicated customers would go on for pages and pages of posts.  CUstomers would stay up until midnight the day of a show to wait for new items to be loaded so they could get their orders in as things sold out immediately when shows began.  That doesn't occur any more either.  Louis has stated that he had to discontinue offering these expensive fabrics because he was unable to obtain the fabrics he wanted at the price point QVC demanded he sell items for.  So another designer who was forced to either reduce the quality of the fabric or stop designing for QVC.

Thanks for your reply KathyPet..............the one thing i was surprised at i admit is the casual wear he has been showing lately......................

I at first thought Jill was wearing Quacker Factory clothing when she presented. It turns out it was Linea....heavily embellished.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@kelsey17 wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

@kelsey17 wrote:

I at first thought Jill was wearing Quacker Factory clothing when she presented. It turns out it was Linea....heavily embellished.

I originally guessed it was Bob Mackie -- I was shocked that it was Linea. Something like that is not my style.

Esteemed Contributor

NOw that Louis is featuring leisure items and has changed drastically from the more polished professional type clothing that was his mainstay he is competing with all the other QVC vendors who offer similar type items.  I own a pair,of his Ponte Knit pants and they are very nice but I also own a pair from Isaac and Talbots that are just as nice and fit me just as well.   WIth TAlbots I can take advantage of their wide range of sizes including Woman Petite which means no alteration charge for hemming and free shipping using my Talbots card.  NO reason for me to have to buy Linea for this type,of fashion.

Trusted Contributor

I absolutely agree with you. His clothing and designs are what real fashion is about. goes beyond my understanding why QVC doesn't have him on more because there are a lot of women such as you and myself and others who love his line.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon

i had said that on another thread.

the baseball jacket that he had with the embroidery looked very similar to a bob mackie piece from years ago......one that i have donated. i definitely wasnt interested in that.

it does have good reviews so far and it did sell out in the black, but it is available in all sizes in the ivory and pink.

i am another customer who is disappointed in the offerings lately in the ldo line. i have been finding great unique pieces from H by halston and CWONDER.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Occasional Contributor

I agree - I don't ever remember him having. tSV - he should - he is a class act