Respected Contributor

Re: Linea by Louis Dell'Olio

I am wondering if today's woman is more casual and that is the reason for the change in clothing from Louis.  I agree that the fabrics he used to show were expensive such as suede, etc.  Today, everything is almost faux suede.  But I still believe women's tastes are changing.  For example, few wear suits.  I think casual has become the trend that will last.  Even men at work are dressing more casual.

Esteemed Contributor

IIRC, his last TSV was the peplum soft jacket...??  

This was a TSV also and very well could have been the one before the peplum jacket...I ordered this in the slate blue (available as is $15.50 xs), and it seems as if that was around late 2011.  The design was superb...cute collar in the back, too)...it was cute in every way, but the fabric had no stretch...a little too snug in the chest...and I had to return it...

As is # A285546

Original # A220044

Other than those two items, I can't remember any TSV...could it possibly have been that far back!?!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

this was a TSV from a long time ago. i recently sold mine on facebook in a buy/sell group. it came in several different colors.  there was even a matching handbag as an upsell.

ldo1.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC is not selling dressy clothing  at all.  I purchased several years ago a beaded skirt and top that that Louis sold.  I still wear that outfit and it is still beautiful.  I think people as a whole do not get dressed up like they used to.  I love Louis's clothing.  He is a master clothing draper.  This is the area where you can tell he is a world class designer.  Where I think QVC went wrong is not offering his wonderful trench as a TSV.  My Linea trench coats are better looking and look more expensive looking than my Burberry.    

I buy a ton of Linea every year.  When I go on a trip, most of the clothing packed is Linea and some Armani Collezioni.

The baseball jacket he designed looks lovely and I am sure will fit like a dream.  He basically designed a baseball jacket that was introduced by Gucci this past season for thousands.  Gucci also used florals etc.  

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

this was a TSV from a long time ago. i recently sold mine on facebook in a buy/sell group. it came in several different colors.  there was even a matching handbag as an upsell.

ldo1.jpg

I bought the above set - I think it had a tank - in a camel color, but the sequins started to come off before I even wore it.  This was one of the few Linea pieces I've ever returned. I remember Louis' first show, & have watched & bought continually.  He is the best!

Super Contributor

I read on here that qvc owns graver, Isaac, halston, logo and the others they show all the time. Whatever the group is called. Isaac sold his name and they own it now. I think that's why we rarely see other brands. Mally  too I read. Not sure if it's true, I will google it. Linea is very nice! 

Honored Contributor

@Adamlambert wrote:

I read on here that qvc owns graver, Isaac, halston, logo and the others they show all the time. Whatever the group is called. Isaac sold his name and they own it now. I think that's why we rarely see other brands. Mally  too I read. Not sure if it's true, I will google it. Linea is very nice! 

@adamlambert,Whatever they are they're a ....yawn!!!

Image result for animals with big yawns

Esteemed Contributor

@Adamlambert wrote:

QVC Does not own Issac Mizrahi or Halston.  THose two brands along with C Wonder are owned by a corporation called XCEL brands.  YOu can google and find their web site.  THey also recently purchased Judith Ripka.

Honored Contributor

I bet a lot of us had this in multiple colors.  The (real) suede was so soft.

Linea by Louis Dell'Olio Goregous Suede Leather Jacket ~ Size 1X

Honored Contributor

Have to go up one size in his stuff.  Flat chested, I'm not. LOL