Respected Contributor

Re: Lets stop fashionizing the pandemic

Some of them are cute, but I will not be fashionizing masks.  To each their own. 

Respected Contributor

When I was at the dentist the other morning, the other three people in the waiting room all wore masks. One man's mask was black, a woman's mask matched her outfit (shades of black and white), and another man's mask provided a nice contrast to his burgundy shirt. I had to say I was impressed, and told them so! (My mask was an unbrave tan--I'd left the one with music notes in the car.)

I'm all for having some fun with the masks.

Esteemed Contributor

I think masks are here for at least a couple of years. When you can't see facial features, I feel there is less interpersonal interaction.  Attractive or funny masks provide others with a topic of conversation, if they so choose.  The important thing is that we all wear masks, even if they are hot, uncomfortable and awkward.  I've been wearing mine whenever I go out and at 76 I've not had my usual Winter/Spring ongoing sniffles.

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

When I was at the dentist the other morning, the other three people in the waiting room all wore masks. One man's mask was black, a woman's mask matched her outfit (shades of black and white), and another man's mask provided a nice contrast to his burgundy shirt. I had to say I was impressed, and told them so! (My mask was an unbrave tan--I'd left the one with music notes in the car.)

Me too @insomniac2 .  Why  not have a little fun with it.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@insomniac2 wrote:

Off topic, but I wouldn't be sitting in a waiting room with three other people, masks or no masks.  You're all breathing the same air in a relatively small enclosed area. I'd much rather wait outside and get a call when it's my turn.  I am definitely in favor of masks, but I don't expect 100% protection. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett