Honored Contributor

Re: Lets stop fashionizing the pandemic

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@Sooner : For me it means anyone who wants a nice looking mask to wear means they are wearing them.

If that doesn't say they are taking this virus seriously, I don't know what does.

I ordered colorful ones for our grandchildren so they'll see them as fun and actually wear them.

That to me is the idea.

@Sadiesadie Re-read my post.  That is what I said. 

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1   Every human being handles stress differently.  Some people get depressed and other people try to find some good in the situation.  The fashion masks are fun for some people so let them have fun. It's better than guns and violence,  We are living in different times and that changed a couple of months ago.  Even the flu kills people but not like this virus.  So, I say, stay safe and have a little fun.  Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

I'm just grateful to see some people wearing masks!   I now have several.  Not so much to be "fashionable," but because I wash my cotton masks each time I wear them.  A couple masks are always clean and ready to go, while some are in the laundry hamper.  

It isn't fun to have to wear them, and most are uncomfortable.  As long as I need to wear one, I might as well have different colors and styles.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.  Face masks will be a part of our every day life for quite a while.

Just be smart about it.  

You should line cloth face masks with face mask filters that you can buy separately almost anywhere.  Good cloth face masks are made with a pocket to insert a filter, always read the fine print to check for that.  But do your research on the filters because there are now so many filters out there, made of different materials.  They are disposable; I've seen them in packs of 10, 50, even 100.  

@Kachina624 The problem being that not a lot is KNOWN and verified about this virus.  It isn't anyone's fault it is unknown territory.  I think researchers everywhere are doing their best.

The rude awakening is that we don't know all, and can't cope immediately with new viruses and bacterias.  We have seen this before in super bugs--but not to this degree.

Consideration and cooperation are in order here.  And being patient and doing what we can as individuals. 

Honored Contributor

If you plan to re-wear your mask, even if washing, or 'sanatizing' 

mark the inside with a permanent marker, or alternate fabric colors, and wear the inside always on the inside.

Thank you for having the courtesy to wear a mask.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

A face mask is neither fashionable nor an accessory.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Moonlady 

According to WikI ... a mask could actually be classified as an fashion accessory. 

A fashion accessory is an item used to contribute, in a secondary manner, to the wearer's outfit, often used to complete an outfit and chosen to specifically complement the wearer's look. It has the capacity to further express an individuals identity and personality as there are accessories that come in different, shapes, sizes, hues etc. The term came into use in the 20th century.

en dot wikipedia dot /wiki/Fashion_accessory

My masks are handmade (by me) and express my individuality - and are in different colors, hues, etc. to match what I'm wearing that day aka "my look."

-------------------------------------------

@Moonlady wrote:

A face mask is neither fashionable nor an accessory.

Honored Contributor

I hate wearing masks and find them uncomfortable!  I tried a cloth mask and found it very hard to breathe...I don't feel like passing out so I'm sticking with unfashionable but cool, lightweight and breathable paper masks.