Esteemed Contributor

Re: Karen Scott brand discontinued

I hate to hear this as I've purchased a lot of KS tops over the years.  Our local Macy's closed several years ago but I could always find great deals and bargains online throughout the year.....especially at Christmas time.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Oh that is terrible news I love that brand.  I have so many items I bought back at the turn of the century and still wear today.  It is a really well made line.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Yes, I remember hearing about that. I have quite a few Karen Scott items and I really liked the brand a lot. I also have some Style & Co, and like that brand as well, although not as well as Karen Scott.

Honored Contributor

@Fifi1 wrote:

I seldom shop Macys anymore, our stores are so junky in the Seattle area.  Sad!

@Fifi1 

it is the same in our general area. it definitely isnt the macys i remember well. i can rarely find anything in the stores OR online that attract my attention. they send me coupons often, but there are so many restrictions that i dont even check anymore. i would rather shop at nordstrom in person, or in boutique shops, or online.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

My large Macy's is old but has been kept up well. A mini Macy's opened up not too long ago in an old BB&B store and it is so nice. It only carries women/men/children apparel, accessories (jewelry, shoes, handbags) and cosmetics and fragrance. I really enjoy shopping there.

I liked the KS tees.

New Contributor

Yes, Macy's is going through a Rebranding process of all their Private Labels. Karen Scott brand is being retired and most of the KS designs are now under Style and Co and Charter Club. Which also is being rebranaded with updated styles. Another Brand that is to be men's wear only is Alfani. They have 2 new labels On 34th and And Now This that are taking Alfani's designs and a few of the revamped INC. Nothing has been said about JM Collection yet. There is a rumor that maybe Karen Scott may be used for Macy's Backstage.

New Contributor

Laura Scott was a Sears Private lable with styles and fabrics similar to Karen Scott at Macy's.

Thanks very much for the info.  Does anyone know another retailer who carries Kare Scott?  I also tried to find the designer's website thinking there would be info there but couldn't find it.

Respected Contributor

I noticed a few Karen Scott pieces sprinkled in at a TJ Maxx yesterday.

Heartbreaking....I loved Karen Scott ! I literally have a closet full of their beautiful floral sweaters and soft cotton shirts in all kinds of styles. I also have their hooded sweatshirts and soft cotton jogging tie top or pull on pants. So soft and comfy. The quality of the fabric was top notch and always consistant. I loved all the choices they offered in colors and ultra feminine prints. The prices were fabulous and the fit was always roomy and made for real women.  I would always have to size down! Which is unheard of these days ! Gosh I am going to miss them.  So glad I stocked up and went way overboard when purchasing all their year end and close out items at the end of the year. I no longer regret buying so many styles, colors, and options.