Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

I like it.  However I can't wear any shade of orange or coral.

@haddon9 

I'm good with oranges ... but not coral if it's too "pinkish."   

@ALRATIBA   You must be warm toned.  I'm a cool tone but yet certain shades of olive work for me.  I'm still learning about cool/warm tones. Smiley Happy

@haddon9 

I'm not really warm or cool ... sort of neutral.  There are just certain colors that wash me out.  I'm very fair, light green eyes.  I'm generally good with clear bright colors.  

I just let my hair go natural - so I have no idea what the future holds colorwise.  I'm wearing a optic white shirt today ... all shades of white are good.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA   Neutral is the best!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I absolutely hate olive green. I do like some shades of green, like emerald and certain lime shades.

Honored Contributor

I do not understand how so many women, especially those with mates or children, could use the word "hate" with so much fervor.  I don't understand it.

Esteemed Contributor

Strong viewpoint.   How's your reaction to raisin or aubergeine ? That's a big color this fall

Honored Contributor

Yes, I noticed, QVC is really pushing this color.  It sold very well last year.  Maybe that's why we see so much of it.

I agree, it's one of my least favorite colors, but blondes and redheads wear it well.  

Honored Contributor

UH-OH.  I guess I'll be wearing ugly with my new BD beanie w/matching scarf.

Just call me "ugly."

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Yes, I noticed, QVC is really pushing this color.  It sold very well last year.  Maybe that's why we see so much of it.

I agree, it's one of my least favorite colors, but blondes and redheads wear it well.  

QVC is "pushing" this color because a) it is popular this year in general (check out other retailers), and b) it is a good seller for them.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 : Oops, don’t say it doesn’t look good on anyone. I beg to differ as olive (but not a yellow olive) is something that I can wear well. All those lovely colors you’re talking about look good on  my sister and on my mother when she was alive. They were awful on me. I tried but I look awful.

I do get why some just don’t care for it

Respected Contributor
I like olive. With my auburn hair, I find it very flattering on me.

I hate purple. But, then again, I don’t feel the need to announce it.