Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I have been looking for that color pants for a couple years now.  Finally found some fabric that color and since I thought I had finally gotten my pattern the way I wanted it decided to try it out.  Even the lady at the cutting table mentioned how you don't find that color very much.  So, now, finally I have a pair of pants that fit me in that color and I have enough to make a pair for high heels.  

I guess it's just that the color is coming back into fashion as will your favorite colors eventually, and then I'll have trouble finding anything I like.  Right now I'm on a shoe diet because short chunky heels are in.  But, I know eventually my high heels will return.  Luckily, I don't throw clothing and shoes out except for when I bring in a new item and can wear the same things for years since I don't buy into fads.  

@Icegoddess 

I can’t sew, so I’m still looking.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I don’t believe I’ve ever seen someone pitch such a fit over a color before. Congratulations. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Just a Rant -OliveGreen

[ Edited ]

There are many colors I dislike, but olive isn't one of them.  Luckily for you, the Q sells just about every color under the rainbow.  

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I have been looking for that color pants for a couple years now.  Finally found some fabric that color and since I thought I had finally gotten my pattern the way I wanted it decided to try it out.  Even the lady at the cutting table mentioned how you don't find that color very much.  So, now, finally I have a pair of pants that fit me in that color and I have enough to make a pair for high heels.  

I guess it's just that the color is coming back into fashion as will your favorite colors eventually, and then I'll have trouble finding anything I like.  Right now I'm on a shoe diet because short chunky heels are in.  But, I know eventually my high heels will return.  Luckily, I don't throw clothing and shoes out except for when I bring in a new item and can wear the same things for years since I don't buy into fads.  

@Icegoddess 

I can’t sew, so I’m still looking.

@Drythe my mother was a seamstress and made extra money for the family sewing for the public.  Consequently, all I wanted was ready-made clothing.  I didn't "learn" how to sew until I was grown and it was really just by the seat of my pants.  I do have some books, but I have difficulty following written instructions.  No YouTube back then, although I have found not all YouTube videos are correct.  

So, using my rudimentary sewing skills, a pattern drafting program, and the advice from the people behind that program, it took me 3 muslins to com up with what I felt was a good enough fit.  Finally no low hanging crotch.

Slim Cut Pants small.jpg

Valued Contributor

Re: Just a Rant -OliveGreen

[ Edited ]

@VancouverUSAgal wrote:

In not asking anyone to discard anything. I'm just stating my opinion. And, for the record, every time some color is the season's hot color, they work it to death!  I love pinks but years back they overdid it and pushed everything in pink. Variety is what we need is what we need. They should also recognize that a majority of U.S. Women have "winter" coloring and need cool undertones to complement their skin tones. However, that statistic may be changing due to more minorities. Still, they need to provide both warm and cool colors in all clothing. 

What? Now where in the world did you get that idea? Many, many women havewar colored skin, caramel or olive tones, Olive colors in clothing look great on many of us with warm color to our skin, Autumn colors are fabulous, burnt orange, brick, burgundy, yes, olive.

pinks, pastels, baby blue - nope, 

I don't know where people come up with ideas of what the majority is, 

ETA: I shop the Orivs catalog all the time, Take a look at it, Nothing in there screaming of femininity, mostly khaki, olive, deep yellows, great colors and clothes, Ever see Barbour jackets out of England? Mostly olive greens any navy, Lots of us like that look especially because we are outdoorsy and hike, boat, and things like that, Wearing a pink jacket wouldn;t make any sense at all

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I am impressed that you have the talent to tailor your own pants! How nice it must be to get the exact fit you want.

Job well done!

Super Contributor

@VancouverUSAgal wrote:

I hate, hate, hate olive green or any other green that has yellow undertones!  I immediately think of squished caterpillars!  Just can't imagine who likes that color. I have a strong visceral reaction every time I see it and they are pushing it so hard this season. Now, I realize everyone likes different things and I don't get to decide what colors are "in" every season but there is nothing feminine about that color.  All I can say is that the constant olive green may just be what finally makes me keep my tv off QVC.  Can't we please return olive green back to military uniforms and away from women's clothing?  It's not sophisticated, just plain ugly. 

Why bother posting on here?  I actually love the color!  That's why there is a menu in a restaurant.  I wish everyone would keep the negative comments off here.  Such a downer!!

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting... I don't like olive or camo greens either, but never saw such a violent reaction to a color before.   I also don't like browns, brownish-pinks, rusts, oranges, raisin-like burgundies -- all those fall colors.   But, ya know?  there are several blues, yellows, blue-reds, pastels, etc., out in the stores.  So I buy those colors instead.  

I used to have a pair of olive wool slacks.  As long as the olive wasn't close to my face, I was OK with it because those olive slacks went well with tops in yellow, light blue, creamy white, light pink and all the colors that do look good on me.   We all have choices.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@VancouverUSAgal wrote:

In not asking anyone to discard anything. I'm just stating my opinion. And, for the record, every time some color is the season's hot color, they work it to death!  I love pinks but years back they overdid it and pushed everything in pink. Variety is what we need is what we need. They should also recognize that a majority of U.S. Women have "winter" coloring and need cool undertones to complement their skin tones. However, that statistic may be changing due to more minorities. Still, they need to provide both warm and cool colors in all clothing. 

@VancouverUSAgal  What an amazingly ridiculous comment.  Your summation is based on very wrong information.  Cool, warm, neutral are not based solely on ethnicity.  Your desire to clarify your original post just made it much worse.  

You don't like olive green.  That's perfectly fine.  Don't try to justify it by saying the color is wrong for the majority of all women.  We wear what we like, bad research aside.  

Respected Contributor

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE olive green!!!  It looks good on me, love all the autumnal colors.  I appreciate all colors for what they are, even though they may look bad with my skin tone, others may look great in them.