Honored Contributor

With respect, you are just wrong ! 😆 I look ghastly in pastels, purple and wine colors, should I demand they be eliminated. Furthermore, femininity is the woman inside the clothes. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

i do not care if a color exists or is offered that i do not like.

i would be concerned for myself if this bothered me.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

Totally disagree. If I could only have clothes in one color, I would choose olive. My eyes are green and I look fabulous in olive clothes. I always get compliments when I wear olive or any green tone, but especially olive. 

Honored Contributor

Well, that's your opinion.

But if we all got rid of colors we didn't like, there would be nothing left.  LOL

Super Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

Yikes!  You would really hate to meet me as my eyes are olive green.  Yep, dark green with yellow gold flecks..............

This color clothing looks great on me.

Me too! Blonde with olive eyes. Smiley Happy I love wearing olive and other greens.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Trusted Contributor

I'm one who loves olive green.  I wear tons of it and always get compliments.  My coloring is perfect for that color.  I too look washed out in pastels.  Just this past week I bought three new items in olive.  Love when I can wear that color in the fall, but I've found a way to even incorporate it into my summer clothes.  

Super Contributor

In not asking anyone to discard anything. I'm just stating my opinion. And, for the record, every time some color is the season's hot color, they work it to death!  I love pinks but years back they overdid it and pushed everything in pink. Variety is what we need is what we need. They should also recognize that a majority of U.S. Women have "winter" coloring and need cool undertones to complement their skin tones. However, that statistic may be changing due to more minorities. Still, they need to provide both warm and cool colors in all clothing. 

Honored Contributor

I'm another one who LOVES this color, and it looks good on me. I have dark blonde hair and hazel/olive eyes. When I wear this my eyes just shine.

Pink, on the other hand, doesn't do anything for me! I love pink - just can't wear it unless it's below the waist. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@VancouverUSAgal wrote:

In not asking anyone to discard anything. I'm just stating my opinion. And, for the record, every time some color is the season's hot color, they work it to death!  I love pinks but years back they overdid it and pushed everything in pink. Variety is what we need is what we need. They should also recognize that a majority of U.S. Women have "winter" coloring and need cool undertones to complement their skin tones. However, that statistic may be changing due to more minorities. Still, they need to provide both warm and cool colors in all clothing. 

Umm,

Do you not realize that ethnicity does not determine whether one has cool or warm undertones?  Blonde Europeans can have warm undertones and deep skinned 

African people can have cool undertones.

You are digging yourself into a ditch here. 

Many women look great in olive green. 

Color in and of itself is  not feminine or masculine.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just a Rant -OliveGreen

[ Edited ]

The only green shades I can wear have yellow undertones.  

If we are eliminating colors .... I'll vote no for  warm browns.  Only cool browns .... please!   Smiley Wink  

-----------------

ETA:  I have light green eyes.