Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm Tired of Ankle Pants

@handygal2

I know finding the right pant is no easy task. One of my best friends is all legs too, with the same dilemma. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

Actually I am so short that ankle pants fit me like normal length pants.I have several pair of Sport Savy(remember those) ankle pants. Love them!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

I think they are cute for the summer with sandals.  I have a couple of other Kim Gravel's jeans and I have to say they fit awesome!    IMO, worth every penny.

Respected Contributor

I think many of the women on here who say they love ankle pants, are not actually wearing them as ankle pants.  They are wearing them the length that regular pants would be, they simply don’t have to alter them.  Which makes me wonder if they would actually like ankle pants, my guess is no because it would make them look even shorter.

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of ankle pants.  They look like high waters on me.

Respected Contributor

Ankle pants don't look good on me, but I love cropped pants in Spring and Summer.  Ankle pants just look like my pants are too short, but cropped works well for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

I think many of the women on here who say they love ankle pants, are not actually wearing them as ankle pants.  They are wearing them the length that regular pants would be, they simply don’t have to alter them.  Which makes me wonder if they would actually like ankle pants, my guess is no because it would make them look even shorter.

This is the case for me.  I have gotten several ankle pants at Chico's that are the perfect length for me to wear as full length pants which is why I want them to keep making them!

I was looking at the length on the Gravel cropped pants.  If I ordered the regular ones they should fit as full length but there is only a 2 inch difference in them and the petites.  So if I got the petite they would be ankle pants, I would need much shorter pants for crops.  

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper

Total agreement with everything you said. Love my crops and ankle pants. I saw the TSV kick off and they looked great on everybody. Too expensive though, but the quality seemed there. I have a couple of zipper ankle jeans and just love them. Fit and material, as you said are everything👍🏼. I loved almost everything Kim brought in that hour, but I do not (and try not to) buy clothes off the TV anymore, but have no problem if anyone else is. They are very cute, the three musts for me would have been the black, dark denim, and white. That alone would have racked up to around $150 bucks to my doorstep. And then if you have to return .....

I am so with you @LoveMyBaby!  I would have purchased the dark denim and yellow.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I love ankle pants especially  the IM ones.....they fit me like regular pants.....28-29 inseam are perfect length for me, otherwise I have to have them tailored.  

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I'm finding it harder and harder to find pants-- especially skinny jeans and leggings-- with regular length inseams that cover the ankles.

I don't like ankle pants for several reasons. They look like they're outgrown, or shrank in the dryer. And if they don't fit snugly at the bottom, it looks even worse, IMO. Also, they make one's legs look shorter, which is the opposite of what most women want. But it's great for the manufacturers, as they can skimp on fabric, lol.

I wish the ankle pants fashion trend would end. Anyone else?

Not to worry, all the European sites are showing pants worn above the ankles by about 3-4 inches.  That will be the new fashion.  Not quite as short as crop pants but tight on the leg, unlike crop pants.