Respected Contributor

Re: I'm Tired of Ankle Pants

I love them, they are the perfect full length pant for me and no need to pay to have them altered!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I'm finding it harder and harder to find pants-- especially skinny jeans and leggings-- with regular length inseams that cover the ankles.

I don't like ankle pants for several reasons. They look like they're outgrown, or shrank in the dryer. And if they don't fit snugly at the bottom, it looks even worse, IMO. Also, they make one's legs look shorter, which is the opposite of what most women want. But it's great for the manufacturers, as they can skimp on fabric, lol.

I wish the ankle pants fashion trend would end. Anyone else?

Yes, thank you! I stated the same feeling on an earlier post. It seems everyone is making ankle pants. I'm not even very tall, but they don't look good, nor feel right on me. I love many of the styles, but pass as soon as I see "ankle" pants. They look like highwaters on me. 

Occasional Contributor

I agree, tired of all those LOGO tunics too.  What is with the mulitple layers.

Yuk..  how about some stylish, fitting clothing with no longer than hip length.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2  The problem is the designers get an idea and run it into the ground just like they do with tunic tops.  Sure both are nice to have but we like regular length pants and tops too.  Wake up, designers.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Ankle pants are a tall girls dream! I've always looked like I was wearing "flood pants" and now everyone is with me! I love wearing my ankle boots with tight skinny jeans=awesome!

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

I guess what goes around comes around.. Just like all the boho & denim lately~reminds me of the 1970’s,  when I was a young girl & teenager. 

If you look at the pics though; Both actresses have thin leg pants on. They’re more like a crop. 

The ankle pants that drive me crazy at my height are the

flared ones!