Honored Contributor

I'm finding it harder and harder to find pants-- especially skinny jeans and leggings-- with regular length inseams that cover the ankles.

I don't like ankle pants for several reasons. They look like they're outgrown, or shrank in the dryer. And if they don't fit snugly at the bottom, it looks even worse, IMO. Also, they make one's legs look shorter, which is the opposite of what most women want. But it's great for the manufacturers, as they can skimp on fabric, lol.

I wish the ankle pants fashion trend would end. Anyone else?

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Occasional Contributor

Re: I'm Tired of Ankle Pants

All valid points. They definitely do NOT make women's legs appear longer, more slender. I can't wait for this fashion trend to pass.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ankle pants have been around for a very long time.  There are plenty of full length pants still out there to purchase.

I love ankle pants, in jeans and in certain blends. I wear them all year, not just in warmer months.  Rock them with heels, flats, ankle boots, tall boots with a skinny heel, sneakers, mules, etc.  I never buy the ones that are too snug on my leg, or too loose either; like anything else, fit is everything. 

Today’s TSV are crop pants. These Belle crops are cute, but too expensive for a TSV, IMO. I usually only wear crops in the spring summer, and I have several pairs of this style also. Fun fashion!

Honored Contributor

me too!  I go to Cato, they have boot cut long jeans.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I love them. They are the only pants I don't have to have tailored.

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper

Total agreement with everything you said. Love my crops and ankle pants. I saw the TSV kick off and they looked great on everybody. Too expensive though, but the quality seemed there. I have a couple of zipper ankle jeans and just love them. Fit and material, as you said are everything👍🏼. I loved almost everything Kim brought in that hour, but I do not (and try not to) buy clothes off the TV anymore, but have no problem if anyone else is. They are very cute, the three musts for me would have been the black, dark denim, and white. That alone would have racked up to around $150 bucks to my doorstep. And then if you have to return .....

⚓️
Honored Contributor

Maybe l feel this way because l've always had trouble finding "regular" length pants that are long enough, and the "talls" are too long. So on me, many regular length pants fit like ankle pants. And this was happening long before ankle pants were even in style!  Woman Frustrated  And l'm not even that tall, but l'm "all legs." 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

I’m nearly 5’8” a size 12/14 and broad shouldered. The ankle pants are a no go for me for several reasons! They aren’t trouser length, not cropped~especially if flared. For me and my body it’s a bit of a nightmare. I had ordered a pair from JR’s line & I looked like I was wearing my 5’4” daughters pants! Plus, the material was an icky~shiny kind. Back they went! I think that ankle pants in general are engineered incorrectly! You have to be a certain height & size to wear these ankle pants; from any vendor! This is one fad/“trend” will be around for long!
Respected Contributor

We all can't like the same thing and I get it that some women may not like the ankle pant.  You can find pants in all lengths so buy and wear what you like and what you feel looks best on you.

I absolutely love ankle pants!  I have several pair in solids and even some fun prints.  Most have a straight leg and don't fit snugly at the ankle.  I also have a few pair that are slim leg and are a tad bit more fitted.  I wear mine with sandals or a pointy toe kitten heel.  I hope this style stays around.  I am tall and typically wear a large or extra-large and on me, they are slimming.

Honored Contributor

I really like ankle pants but I also need dressier pants for work.  I find it hard to get regular dressier slacks that I like and are not an arm and a leg. I seem to like ankle pants more for summer and a bit more casual things.  I really liked those Belle ones with the ankle zippers but I also thought they were too much for a TSV.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin