Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Tired of Ankle Pants

I feel differently about Capri pants-- l like those, especially in the spring and summer. The best length for me is a few inches below the knee.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

wrote:

I like them, I even purposely buy my skinny jeans in short so they are above my ankle. That length works really well to show off my shoes and I like it better with shoes with an ankle strap or my ankle boots. To each their own though. 

@jaxs mom: I can imagine that they look great with the beautiful high heels and ankle straps you wear. But unfortunately l can't wear those heels! Woman Frustrated

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

I don’t like them on me either!  They are not timeless and were not back in style until a few years ago.

I have short legs and they cut my leg- line even more, making my legs look stumpier-  Also, they can’t be worn in New England winter, so not as versatile as a regular pant.  I have a couple pairs for summer, but NOT stocking up at all. 

Honored Contributor

@handygal2

I don’t care for ankle length, cropped, or capris. I have still managed to find plenty of full length pants/jeans options despite the “little short pants” being pushed as fashionable. The short led styles are probably not going anywhere.

Honored Contributor

I don't like narrow ankle pants.  What I do like is to roll up my chinos or other casual slacks when I'm wearing sandals.  

I have a bunch of crop pants that I didn't wear at all last summer.  They are going into the Goodwill bag.  

Honored Contributor

They are only for short people with short legs.  

Respected Contributor

I really like ankle pants. I'm quite petite, and they are very flattering on me. In fact, I was surprised to see how slim I look in photos in slim (not tight) ankle pants. I might mention, however, that I live in a fairly temperate climate and never wear socks with ankle-length pants. I like them with loafers, sneakers, espadrilles, flip-flops, ankle boots, or low pumps, but never anything heavy looking (big clunky sneakers, clunky leather shoes, etc.).

Honored Contributor

I adore cigarette pants.  They are youthful and make any size lady look slimmer.  Fashions will come and go but my pants will always be cut slim at the bottom.  Even when i must peg them myself. 

Honored Contributor

I love ankle pants but they have to be the right length ankle pants otherwise they just look like floods.

All the ankle pants I own come to the bottom of my ankle, not the top.  They almost touch the top of my foot. 

I think that length is far more versatile.  I can wear them with flip-flops or other flats but they also look good with a heel.  Or they can be rolled up to the top of an ankle boot and it's not too bulky.   

Honored Contributor

wrote:

All valid points. They definitely do NOT make women's legs appear longer, more slender. I can't wait for this fashion trend to pass.

I love ankle pants and wear then year around in warmer weather. I think I am what I am so I dont only wear my best look or worry too much about that

We have so many places today to shop you can find about anything so no need to wish things away