Esteemed Contributor

Re: Halston TSV

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

I have to say that I was a little surprised to read all of the negative views of this, considering how well it sold. It's not for me, but I caught the presentation at midnight (9 PM here) and didn't see anything so awful about it. Anyway . . . if you did purchase, I truly hope you like it and enjoy wearing it!

exactly why these forums and the views posted regarding clothing and accessories are really a very small microcosm compared to the actual audience and buyers of qvc merchandise. so many on these boards say that they rarely buy from qvc anymore (some not at all), but yet there were 70000+ sold.

hoping that i love mine and that the reviews that come in are good! i know that when halston had the long cardigan tsv back in the fall i ended up with  4!

I hope I love mine too- I bought the green.  A great neutral  for warmer months. Woman Happy  I jsut watched the video again- the dress doesn't look even slightly see through with any of the shades. I've been happy with the Halston line each time I tried a piece-   classic styles with attention to quality. I have the long cardigan too- I only bought 1 though!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

I have to say that I was a little surprised to read all of the negative views of this, considering how well it sold. It's not for me, but I caught the presentation at midnight (9 PM here) and didn't see anything so awful about it. Anyway . . . if you did purchase, I truly hope you like it and enjoy wearing it!

exactly why these forums and the views posted regarding clothing and accessories are really a very small microcosm compared to the actual audience and buyers of qvc merchandise. so many on these boards say that they rarely buy from qvc anymore (some not at all), but yet there were 70000+ sold.

hoping that i love mine and that the reviews that come in are good! i know that when halston had the long cardigan tsv back in the fall i ended up with  4!

I hope I love mine too- I bought the green.  A great neutral  for warmer months. Woman Happy  I jsut watched the video again- the dress doesn't look even slightly see through with any of the shades. I've been happy with the Halston line each time I tried a piece-   classic styles with attention to quality. I have the long cardigan too- I only bought 1 though!!

What fast shipping- I got my dress already. And LOVE IT!!!   The way it looked so loose, I decided to size down to a medium and am glad I did. It's really slimming and the material is the perfect weight. Not thin/sheer at all, but weighty/drapey enough to flatter.

Honored Contributor

mine arrived on wednesday!

that was some pretty fast shipping, i must say.

i am now officially sorry that i did not buy this in more colors. i bought the black (a great basic) and i waitlisted the blue. i  would LOVE to see this in bright primary colors, maybe for the fall with a 3/4 sleeve? it would also work well in a tank style or maybe a deep v neck.

it is a winner for sure. the weight of this is quite nice. no, it is not a flimsy rayon/spandex blend at all. there is a card with it that says not to hang it.  the dress has some decent weight to it. it feels nice on and the design glides over my curves. ladies, if you are hippy, dont be afraid of this dress. i am 5'7" and ordered the regular size and it works in my normal qvc size, both in fit and length.

it really is the perfect canvas for your accessories......bold jewelry, a nice purse or clutch, flats or heels, scarves, and a wide brimmed hat! if you dont like your arms then you can add a cropped sweater or jacket or kimono. i will definitely be getting a lot of use out of it. has anyone else received theirs?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

I got mine today.  I usually take L in halston jackets, but I ordered this in M based on the garment measurements online.  PLENTY of room.  The fabric is really nice--I could have even gone down another size, I think.  Flowy and comfortable. I did buy the belt they were showing with it, and it is really a cute look.

Maybe TMI, but I tried it on with my jockey skimmies to see if there would be a line on my leg, and there was not.  I got the pale grey. 

I am 5'5" and got the petite.  Glad I did, because in the back it is past my mid-calf, and the regular would've been on the floor.  I plan to wear it with flats. The front is just at my knee.

As for the "do not hang" directive, I hung mine up then looped the skirt onto a second hanger to take the weight off the top of the dress. 

Respected Contributor

@ArielRose1 wrote:

I got mine today.  I usually take L in halston jackets, but I ordered this in M based on the garment measurements online.  PLENTY of room.  The fabric is really nice--I could have even gone down another size, I think.  Flowy and comfortable. I did buy the belt they were showing with it, and it is really a cute look.

Maybe TMI, but I tried it on with my jockey skimmies to see if there would be a line on my leg, and there was not.  I got the pale grey. 

I am 5'5" and got the petite.  Glad I did, because in the back it is past my mid-calf, and the regular would've been on the floor.  I plan to wear it with flats. The front is just at my knee.

As for the "do not hang" directive, I hung mine up then looped the skirt onto a second hanger to take the weight off the top of the dress. 

Thank you for the hanging info! I thought, omg, can't hang it will be a wrinkled mess being folded on a shelf. I was also very pleasantly surprised at the weight of this fabric. A nice basic, for very hot humid Summer days, or layer for other days. Accessories and shoes can really change the dress.