Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs. Week of March 20

Good morning...I decided to skip church this morning because I want to be able to sing for Holy Week. I may go to the pool and sit in the sun for a while. A lot of people here are sick. Yikes.

Sydnie had a great time with Pepper. She is a very curious puppy so will have to be watched...lol. She is completely housebroken.  Goes outside through the puppy door. It will be different at our house. She will be home in 2 weeks.

Syds birthday is tomorrow...hard to think she is 11.  She is still a little girl in many ways...that is a good thing.

i will be back later.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs. Week of March 20

I agree it's a good idea to stay home, Barbara. Lots of people are sick right now. I'm sure Sydnie will have a great birthday.

R was to shoot today but had a bad night so is trying to sleep. Tomorrow is a rescheduled VA dental appointment. We just can't cancel again.

So far things are quiet with Griff. I've been letting him out with Bo then bringing him in, crating him and letting TT out. I still need to carry the garbage bags out front.

That was a lovely photo of Sydnie and Pepper.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Sounds like a wise idea to avoid the sick people, Barbara.  Hope you enjoy the pool if you go there.  Nice and sunny here, and church was okay.  I agree with Claudia, very cute picture of Syd and Pepper.  My DGD was a little girl for quite a while, and I agree -- good thing.

Sorry R isn't feeling well, Claudia.  I hope he is able to go to the dentist tomorrow.  Fingers crossed about Griff.

DH is doing pretty well, but he sure gets confused about things.  He said he will go to the gym with me.  Hope that works out okay.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

The garbage is finally out to the curb including the two full bags Adam left in the cellar. Whew.

This morning before going upstairs R said he couldn't see out of his left eye that his vision was all blurry. I was about to throw clothes on and take him to the Erie but had him take his glasses off. Upon doing so I found that it was his glasses. For some reason the left lens was greasy. That was our morning excitement. Usually I try to get dressed before going downstairs. Over the years I've learned that handling any emergency is easier if I'm already dressed.

Respected Contributor

good morning...I am not feeling super but managed a grocery run..found a ham for Easter.  ItI is small enough for the 2 of us.  I need to get some energy to get moving. It is going to be pretty warm today. 

Sydnie turns 11 today. She will have her party in April. Unfortunately for me I will be there.  Lol. She said Pepper is a big fluff ball...

Amie did FaceTime with the girls yesterday...it is always fun to do that. Kaylie is going to play softball.

Linda...good luck on finding a chair..if you get one hope tat works for dh. You do such an amazing job of caring for him. 

Claudia...yikes about the glasses...I keep mine very clean..v not so much. Good that you got all of the garbage out. 

I am am not going to do too much today.  I will be back later

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you aren't feeling great today, Barbara.  I'm thinking of trying to find a tiny ham or ham slice for Easter.  DH isn't a fan, and I can't eat too much (despite liking ham).  

Happy Birthday to Syd -- nice that you will be there for the party (maybe not that nice, but.....)  I think she will have a love affair with Pepper -- such a cute picture.  DH did very well at the gym yesterday -- went faster on his machine than before, but I don't think he is doing all that well in general.  He barely made it in the door when we took a walk this morning (very shaky), and the bathroom business is getting worse rather than better.  He just doesn't seem to realize when he needs to go.  And, I've had to change his underwear often as a consequence.  That means I have to take off his pants, shoes, etc., which is not a fun job.  Also have to do lots of bathroom cleaning.  Oh well.....

Glad it turned out to be dirty glasses rather an an eye problem for R, Claudia.  My DH was very bad about cleaning his glasses when he wore them.  Now, he just wears sunglasses since he no longer reads, etc., and doesn't understand about wearing glasses.  I seem to be constantly cleaning my glasses since I am a klutz.  Hope R did make it to the dentist today, and it was not too difficult for you.

DH's caregiver was late this morning since the first place she went had a hot water problem -- took more than 20 minutes before the water was warm enough to bathe the patient.  

Army DGS had a very busy weekend, but they did not give him his PT test -- postponed until next month.  Now they are talking about him going to "sergeant school" right after college ends this semester.  If that happens, he would not be able to attend college on campus next Fall.  Apparently, he is very good at his job (human resources), and it would help him if he had a higher rank (he would be able to sign off on more things).  They worked so late on Saturday that he and the rest of the guys spent the night at a hotel.  The sergeant was very nice and supplied them with pizza and wings.  

DD said they had snow both days, but it did not stick.  Today it is sunny but cold and very windy.  It should reach 90 degrees or so here today.  What a contrast.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We're back from the VA. Fortunately there were only a few flakes of snow. In fact R had his glasses off in the car and asked what kind of bugs were hitting the windshield. I replied- snow. Temperature was only in the low 30's. R left without a jacket. Thank heavens for heated seats. I had a plaid cape picked up in Scotland.

Barbara, I don't envy you being home for Sydnie's party next month. A very Happy Birthday to Sydnie.

I drove up and back today and am tired.

Linda, it may help if you can find some disposable underwear for DH that are not pull on but have tabs. I know they're out there. Locally the pull on one's are the most available or ones that pull on and then adhesive tabs adjust the fit. Maybe Amazon carries the others.

Respected Contributor

I took a long nap...definitely have something....arghhh.

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Syd.  The puppy is her big gift...I got her some clothes from Justice.

Linda, sorry dh is having those problems. I know that adult diapers are available...they used those for my mom. Maybe hospice can give some recommendations. Unfortunately, most Alzheimer's patients become incontinent.  ((()hugs)))

that at would be great for dgs to go to sergeant school. You have wonderful grandchildren

There will be 8 10 and 11 year olds for her sleepover...pepper and I will hide.

Claudia..I assume you made it to the va.

Sleep well.

Respected Contributor

I posted, honest I did. I either used my phone or the Kindle and it showed it worked.

Yes we made it to the VA. I drove both ways and am tired. The VA dentist was able to rebuild R's molar instead of pulling the remnants.

Barbara, it's a good idea to hide with that party going on. I hope you feel better. A vvery Happy Birthday to Sydnie.

Linda, if you can't find the adult diapers in stores Amazon may have them. The school would be greeat for DGS.

Respected Contributor

Arghh! And there's my previous post.