Respected Contributor

Re: Halston TSV

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think those Jockey skimmies things would be a good option to wear under this dress.

I think for a lot, those aren't going to be enough support.  For some this dress is going to require a full on shaper.  Plus if the fabric of the dress isn't thick enough, the line of demarcation on the thigh is going to be visible.    

I was wearing a light color, lightweight summer dress once and thought I was good to go in my skimmies.  OMG I had to carry my purse in front of my crotch all day.  I was so self conscious.  It was not a weight thing.  It was seeing the "outline" when I walked!  I looked fine standing still in front the mirror lol.  I'm investing in a slip ha.  Edited to say I don't mean the outline of the skimmies!

Respected Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think those Jockey skimmies things would be a good option to wear under this dress.

I think for a lot, those aren't going to be enough support.  For some this dress is going to require a full on shaper.  Plus if the fabric of the dress isn't thick enough, the line of demarcation on the thigh is going to be visible.    

I was wearing a light color, lightweight summer dress once and thought I was good to go in my skimmies.  OMG I had to carry my purse in front of my crotch all day.  I was so self conscious.  It was not a weight thing.  It was seeing the "outline" when I walked!  I looked fine standing still in front the mirror lol.  I'm investing in a slip ha.  Edited to say I don't mean the outline of the skimmies!

Those skimmers don't do what a slip does.  Lol, I bet that dress is going to need a slip under it.  It must be quite thin material. 

Honored Contributor

jonbon wrote:

I have to say that I was a little surprised to read all of the negative views of this, considering how well it sold. It's not for me, but I caught the presentation at midnight (9 PM here) and didn't see anything so awful about it. Anyway . . . if you did purchase, I truly hope you like it and enjoy wearing it!

exactly why these forums and the views posted regarding clothing and accessories are really a very small microcosm compared to the actual audience and buyers of qvc merchandise. so many on these boards say that they rarely buy from qvc anymore (some not at all), but yet there were 70000+ sold.

hoping that i love mine and that the reviews that come in are good! i know that when halston had the long cardigan tsv back in the fall i ended up with  4!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

The H by Halston collection seems to be made to flatter the boyish figure: slim, small bust, slim hips, long legs. Slouchy pants and loose tops look good on the above. Curvy women, not so much.

Honored Contributor

I did not buy it.  I prefer traditional hems on dresses. For those who bought - enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

I have to agree that I'm surprised by some people's reaction to the TSV...it certainly isn't THAT horrible, is it?

I ordered the black in petite...I like the hi/lo...something different and I don't own any dresses with that hemline.  I seriously don't see myself wearing this for daytime running around type activities but rather as a dress to wear for evenings out when we go on vacation this summer.  I am a little leary that the material may be clingy but hope that the black will help cover up any "imperfections".  I have black wedges and black flats that I think would look nice with it and at the low pricepoint even if I only wear it for night time wear, it's ok.

I am small busted so I know that won't be an issue, just hope not too clingy in the hip area...I thought that area looked "flowy" on the models so I'm hoping the same is true for me...and guess I'm also in the minority on the issue of how the hosts and models looked in it...I thought most everyone looked good!! 

Occasional Contributor

I am so over the high low hem.  I hate it.  Let's get back to basics.  

Esteemed Contributor

Later in the day Shaun wore a handkerchief hem dress.  Ugh, so unflattering.  The off wonked hemlines don't faltter anyone at all at any age.  Plus sizes are in for a real challenge. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

The same thing happened to me with a black, knit, slim  maxi skirt.  It looked fine as long as I was standing still. But when I walked, you could see a line of demarcation from the skimmies.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I thought it would be a great dress for a beach vacay.

But since I already have a bunch of those and so far and no beach vacay in sight, I passed!