Trusted Contributor

Re: Halston TSV

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

This is a disappointment--to say the least.

I have to agree.  I don't care for this at all.  However, I'm not a big fan of the entire line.  And I really don't like the "Halstonettes" thing.  I know, a silly thing -- but it kind of bugs me.

Super Contributor

kiersten is fit and looks horrible in it!   No thanks. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

While this dress is nice, I like the shoes - with the detail on the heel.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Adamlambert wrote:

have to disagree......kerstin looks adorable in it.

70000 sold as of around 3pm.......with i believe 82000 total available at midnight last night.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't think it's terrible; just not me.

I do notice that it looks much better with a topper or belt gving it structure.

Would look good with a short vest.

I was out and about yesterday TJ Maxx and some grocery shopping and I actually paid attention to what other patrons were wearing (since I always hear presenters and host talking 'huge trends' i.e., maxis, etc.)

Nary a maxi in sight! Lots of capri length and jeans.

I'm in S.Fl ..perhaps others have a different experience

Honored Contributor

I'm 5'5" and a half, and I'm trying the Black in Petite.  First time I've ordered Petite.  I just know that I'll wish that I had ordered more colors, though.  It's an excellent price, IMO, especially the $9+ easy pay installments.  Wishing everyone good luck with their choices. Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I think it looks cheap and thin.  Jayne Brown was wearing it this morning and made a comment that her bra seams were showing through it.  I don't find anything appealing about this line at all.

Respected Contributor

I have to say that I was a little surprised to read all of the negative views of this, considering how well it sold. It's not for me, but I caught the presentation at midnight (9 PM here) and didn't see anything so awful about it. Anyway . . . if you did purchase, I truly hope you like it and enjoy wearing it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think those Jockey skimmies things would be a good option to wear under this dress.

I think for a lot, those aren't going to be enough support.  For some this dress is going to require a full on shaper.  Plus if the fabric of the dress isn't thick enough, the line of demarcation on the thigh is going to be visible.    

Honored Contributor

@Adamlambert wrote:

I didn't see Kerstin in it but looked at her FB page. I can't tell what the dress looks like on her because in all 3 photos she posted, she's wearing a jacket of some type over it. 

Has anyone been wearing just the dress? 

Anyhow, again, I'm only going by what is posted on her FB page but the shoes Kerstin is wearing with the dress are horrible and aren't helping at all.