Honored Contributor

Fantasy lives with beaucoup perks - I don't know, and don't really care. But there are those who post with made-up or embellished dramas with details that change or contradict themselves, just to be surrounded with drama and claim they are being treated badly. Many people post multiple daily "what do you think about ______" inanities who seriously must just crave attention. It's like they go through the tabloids and start a thread about every story they see.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/29/2015 circles said:

I have been an open book on these threads....I have said more then once I am a 3x...I will be 73 in April...I live in a small three room apartment....and just enough retirement money to get by each month....

God has been good to me through all my years....with good health...wonderful family and friends....and for that I am forever grateful to be alive....

I have no reason to be someone I am not....because I love who I am...

Circles, you've always been one of my favorites ... a breath of fresh air. Just thought I'd let you know.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/29/2015 circles said:

I have been an open book on these threads....I have said more then once I am a 3x...I will be 73 in Ap ril...I live in a small three room apartment....and just enough retirement money to get by each month....

God has been good to me through all my years....with good health...wonderful family and friends....and for that I am forever grateful to be alive....

I have no reason to be someone I am not....because I love who I am...

Circles, you're the best.
Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

There have been two instances in recent memory where another poster has taken something I've written and a few weeks later wrote exactly what I wrote (word for word) and passed it off as her/his own statement.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/29/2015 Kathleen said:

There have been two instances in recent memory where another poster has taken something I've written and a few weeks later wrote exactly what I wrote (word for word) and passed it off as her/his own statement.

Kathleen, I didn't see yours, but I've seen this happen, too.

Super Contributor

I read some of them and the rest I just kind of scan and then move on.

I read what interests me.

Super Contributor
On 3/29/2015 Cookie06 said:

I am always honest with any and all of my posts. I don't pretend to be a size 2, or very wealthy, or live in a gorgeous gated community, or have a marvelous career making tons of money. Sometimes I read some of the posts and I just know the poster is making up most of the things that they post. I guess since we are all anonymous it really doesn't matter. Do any of you ever feel this way?? Just wondering... {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I don't feel this way because maybe they do and you just can't relate. Remember we are all from different walks of life on these threads. Some seem to think everyone is like them and think about them as their next door neighbor. Get real.

Respected Contributor
On 3/29/2015 missy1 said:

These boards are for entertainment. I do learn a little. Take each post with a grain a salt.

Many posters have multiple names, and personalities. Some are the braggers, some have all the health issues, some have so much drama, and some just lie to get attention.

I only lie when I'm taking a nap

ha ha get it?

Honored Contributor
I always wondered why anyone would pretend to be a size 2. Who determined that that's the standard by which to judge one's self-worth??
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I believe many women who post are honest and, indeed, interested in sharing/receiving fashion knowledge.

However, some of us are "gifted" with "lie radar". It never ceases to amaze me that women will tell an untruth (better than lie?) about the most mundane things. Not that they are wealthy, have a gorgeous husband and live a life of luxury, but rather silly everyday life kinds of things.

Disclaimer: Viewpoints is a whole different story. Smile