Honored Contributor

Curious - how do you know a poster is creating a fantasy life?

Once in a while I do notice posts that seem to contradict previous ones, but I've never gone back to check my memory of who said what when.

Respected Contributor

I try to take all posts at face value. If anyone is making stuff up, then you have to feel sorry for them. I'm too busy living my life to make stuff up as I'd only confuse myself trying to remember what I posted.

Honored Contributor
On 3/29/2015 millieshops said:

Curious - how do you know a poster is creating a fantasy life?

Once in a while I do notice posts that seem to contradict previous ones, but I've never gone back to check my memory of who said what when.

Exactly. I think most are honest with few exceptions. A few seem to remember everything every poster has said or they use their "detective" skills to go back through posts a year or more ago. I don't care enough to do that.

I take most at face value, but I don't think the majority of posters lie.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I think a lot of poster lie and exaggerate. I don't care. I just ignore them

Honored Contributor

I take the posters at face value. I'm sure there are people who have changed their nics for various reasons. Unless they post something in their signature line like - formerly so and so - I don't know who they were previously.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I have been an open book on these threads....I have said more then once I am a 3x...I will be 73 in April...I live in a small three room apartment....and just enough retirement money to get by each month....

God has been good to me through all my years....with good health...wonderful family and friends....and for that I am forever grateful to be alive....

I have no reason to be someone I am not....because I love who I am...

Honored Contributor
I think most of us are regular, honest women with normal lives. It did occur to me, though, that there may be some men on these boards, posing as women. Anyone agree?
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor
On 3/29/2015 handygal said: I think most of us are regular, honest women with normal lives. It did occur to me, though, that there may be some men on these boards, posing as women. Anyone agree?

I can honestly say that I've never given it a thought. I suppose it's possible.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I post for information. Cannot get information in stores these days. I post to share in case someone wants to know something that I experienced with a product. I don't watch QVC live so I have no real connection to hosts or vendors. I check in online to see certain topics explained as in Electronics.

I like people. I never cared about what they do, how much they make, etc. I only care about kindness and reaching out to others. I think that is why my husband and I are avid square dancers. People who we have danced with for years, we haven't a clue what they do for a living or how or where they live. I live by our motto FRIENDSHIP SET TO MUSIC. Being my friend does not include material criteria.

Super Contributor
I also try to take forum posts at face value but I don't feel that most or some of the posters are creating fantasy lives. Why would I? The forum is usually a nice place to communicate, share ideas and opinions. I have found most of the posters helpful and kind. But as with any other kind of communication, in the end I make my own determination and go from there.