Respected Contributor
First of all I'm not bashing the brand. I'm having a hard time understanding how a pair of wedges is $170 when this brand was started to copy high end designs. Am I missing something?
Valued Contributor

Re: Why is GILI so expensive?

I think they were/are wanting to make it a high end copycat in-house brand.

In my opinion, the problem is the execution isn't that great and the competition at that price point is offering much better items. So they'd need to lower prices on existing merchandise to compete, or increase quality without increasing the price to entice buyers to the brand.

The status quo isn't appealing, IMO! 😉
Honored Contributor

Because it can be because people will pay for it.

This is always going to be the answer to any question about why anything at all is so expensive. 

Contributor

Some people feel if it costs more it must be" better" and will pay it. Also some feel its a status thing...

Regular Contributor

Have you seen the price of those new camo pants? I totally agree GILI is getting too expensive for a brand that only QVC shoppers know.
New Contributor

The shoes are way too pricey. Does anyone know who makes them?

Re: camo pants, so many thousands of young people have been killed or maimed for life in unnecessary wars, that I think wearing those pants as a fashion statment is inappropriate.

Frequent Contributor

I am perplexed as well regarding the G.I.L.I. prices on shoes.  I order 2 pairs of G.I.L.I. shoes recently and found them to be 1 whole size to big.  I am a size 9 in every brand that I've tried.

So now I have the expense of shipping back to QVC in addition to losing my initial Shipping & Handling charges.... all because the G.I.L.I. sizing is WAY OFF !!!

I figure that I'm better off buying shoes from known designer brands at on-line stores such as Last Call and MyHabit.  Prices are the same (if not cheaper) and shipping is free.  MyHabit has a small re-stocking fee at $3.99.

It is a shame as I do like a lot of the G.I.L.I. items.  But I'm not prepared to waste my money on poor execution.

Frequent Contributor

Exactly. The price has to match the quality...which is hit or miss sometimes from the things I have purchased. I also don't get how old/new items are now $50-$175 higher 

Honored Contributor

because they're creating perceived value
Esteemed Contributor

The bags, shoes, and clothes all look like they have been private labeled manufactured in China for QVC. The bags look like generic knock offs of Gucci bags, the shoes look like knock offs of Chloe shoes.

The blouses look poorly made with rippled seams. The obi belt is ridiculous looking, it doesn't look good on anyone except someone who is thin, long waisted with a small bust. The clothing is overpriced, period.

The camo pants as haute couture inspired clothing? Nope.