Trusted Contributor
utor
6:51 PM
Hard to believe someone notices something like socks... or lack of🧐🤔

Sorry, I was just asking a question. I did not know this was the fashion with men. Just wondering if I was seeing things. You do not have to be so snarky with your comment.
Honored Contributor

My OB/GYN always wore loafers with no socks and that was 40 years ago. 

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@Winkk wrote:

Don't your feet get sweaty and stick to the inside?

Not necessarily. Not everyone gets sweaty feet.

There are approximately 250,000 sweat glands in a pair of feet, and they excrete as much as half a pint of moisture each day.

Honored Contributor

Looks like someone has been researching feet. 

Honored Contributor

Men wearing no socks with loafers has been the trend for a couple of years now...initially I usually just saw younger men going without socks...but now it seems to have been adopted by men of all ages...but I can imagine how it would wear out the lining of the shoe...am not a fan of the look, even though it is “trendy”.

Respected Contributor

@Jinlei its the rage now for men who are trendy.

Contributor

Obviously, you've never been to Palm Beach. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:
utor
6:51 PM
Hard to believe someone notices something like socks... or lack of🧐🤔

Sorry, I was just asking a question. I did not know this was the fashion with men. Just wondering if I was seeing things. You do not have to be so snarky with your comment.

I think people who notice the little things are people who are very detailed and precise in the way they think and do things. I have noticed before that David goes sockless and I don't have a problem with that if their feet and legs are tan or they have dark skin. I guess sockless is popular and has been for years, I remember George Hamilton was famous back in the day for being very tan and going sockless with a suit. It might also be a European thing or west coast thing years ago too. That being said, in my town you would never see sockless with a suit.

Esteemed Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

It is very common now in New York to see men without socks.  It is a very summer look!

Yes, it's very common.  And has been for a long time.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: David Dangle No Socks??

[ Edited ]

The “no socks” style for men has been around for a while 😍