Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUNE 27)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is another hot day here, and it was a bit warmer than I would have liked on my walk this morning.  I will try to get out a bit earlier tomorrow morning because it is supposed to be even hotter.

I slept pretty well until 4:00 a.m. last night, but after that it was a struggle.  Some leg pain, but a lot of thinking/worrying.  I also thought about some other possible jobs for the handyman if he turns out to be good.  

The TSV appeals to me for some reason -- I don't usually like "jogger" pants, but these look comfortable and are not too expensive.  Decisions, decisions.  I really need to remember how many clothes I already have plus the cost of house repairs.  

Today I am going to a "newcomers lunch" -- that is assuming I can get a ride to the restaurant which is somewhere in Tucson.  So far, carpools have worked well, but the leader decided not to do anything to set them up so I don't know if they will happen or not.

If I still have the energy after lunch, I will go to the gym.  

I hope everyone is feeling okay today, and your weather is okay as well.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Please post if you have a chance, and have good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUNE 27)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. It seems as if both of us are having early morning hour struggles. I do hope the leg pain goes away. Tossing and turning is a good time to make lists....or just give up, get out of bed and start the day early. I do hope youi find the ride to the lunch.

I haven't seen the TSV but I do have some buying in my immediate future. I have run out of weed killer and need to get more while I am in the mood to murder the weeds now that we have a dry period in which the stuff can work.

Right now, I am finishing lunch while watching a movie on Netflix. I will then go and get the weed killer and also get a few items from the local supermarket. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I made the rounds of the Post Office, the hardware store and the local supermarket. It was hot but it felt good; the temp was 89 but "feels like" was 93. I am now prepared to murder weeds. Rainproof in ten minutes?  We will see as it may rain tonight.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello there, I swung past Mejiers today to pick up a few things.  I was getting low on the peanuts that I feed to the squirrels Woman Very Happy   I was not in the store long and wow did my cart heat up in that parking lot.

Lunch was a bowl of butter pecan ice cream.  Not the most sensible meal but it did hit the spot.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, it's hot here and the A.C. Is on.  We have central air so the thermostat is preset for 76°.  We usually turn it off at night.  It's a waste of $$ since we have a nice cool basement to sleep in.  We were down there last night and neither of us woke up until 5:30 this morning.  The good thing is its very dark so we went right back to sleep until 8:30.  We were tired so that helped a lot too.  I often toss and turn.  Then I get up and usually read a book.  I lay awake a lot too & sometimes do my best thinking.  I have solved many problems during this time.

Jean. Good luck with killing the weeds.  They are never ending.  My DH mowed the lawn this morning and I sprayed my tomato plants.  They all have flowers on them.  We are supposed to get bad storms this afternoon evening and even tomorrow.

We are going to our nieces (she bought my mom's house a block away) for supper tonight.  We were planning to go on moped, but the coming rains might change our plans.

I got the last two windows washed.  Yippee!  Now I just have to do the patio door in the basement &  I have a little touching up to do before we get our company next week.

The phone is ringing.  

Esteemed Contributor

The phone call was from my rx drug plan & my next rx is on the way.  I just love the every 3 months and coming to my house.

Tomorrow we are going to visit my bf since HS and her husband.  He is the guy with Parkinson's Disease & he had rotator cuff surgery on Monday.  It's been He*l ever since for her.  First of all he shouldn't have been sent home that night.  The first night he called her every 5 minutes to do this or that.  He was sent home in a sling with a cooling system of some kind & told not to take it off OR shower for 48 hours.

She finally fell asleep from 5:00 a.m.-6:30 a.m.  In that 11/2 hours, he took off the sling, took off the bandages and showered.  When she found him in the kitchen, his chest was all bloody.  She cried and called the Ortho Dr whom said put bandaids on the stitches.

Then when he turned in his recliner, he said he thought that his shoulder was out of the socket.  She called Ortho again and had to take him in for Xrays.  Nope it wasn't.  

The hospital wanted him to go to their hometown nursing for a week or two, but he refuses.

He hadn't had a BM since his surgery on Monday so she gave him 5 plums last night.  Early this morning she had to call the plumber.  Ugh!  Thank goodness he could come out right away.

Tomorrow us gals are going to have fun in their hometown upscale thrift shop while the guys watch a Western.  Then we are going to order a pizza for lunch. I am hoping that my DH can talk some sense into him.  They get along great so he probably will listen to my DH.  The sling stays on for 6 weeks and he won't keep it on.  Then months of PT.

We have had so much fun over the years, but now it breaks my heart to hear about their struggles.  We are going through a different journey right now too, but so far it's been manageable one way or the other.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Hello there, I swung past Mejiers today to pick up a few things.  I was getting low on the peanuts that I feed to the squirrels Woman Very Happy   I was not in the store long and wow did my cart heat up in that parking lot.

Lunch was a bowl of butter pecan ice cream.  Not the most sensible meal but it did hit the spot.

That would be a perfect lunch for my DH.  Yesterday we went to Aldi's to get the dark red cherries for $1.68 a #.  They are so good that I hope to get more tomorrow.  My dh heard 2 clerks talking about this flavor & that flavor.  He asked them what the were talking about & they said new ice cream flavors.   I was wandering around the store while he checked out.  When I caught up to him,  he took off.   The clerk told me that he was heading to the ice 🍦.  They had just gotten  a one time shipment of several different fancy ones.  He checked them all out & met me drooling.  None of them were SF.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Butter pecan is my favorite and I could easily make a meal out of it especially when it is hot. It does have protein in it, doesn't it? Looking for a justification! Smiley Happy

Twinny--It is good that you could sleep late this morning. You are so right that the battle against weeds is never ending. That is so funny about DH and the ice cream flavors just brought in at Aldi's.

I just came in from attempted murder of weeds Hopefully when I look tomorrow, I will be celebrating their demise. The problem is that they will be replaced by new ones later.

I took a quick look at the TSV. The price is right but I'm not comfortable with jogger pants grabbing me at the ankle.