Honored Contributor

COWL NECKS VS. TURTLE NECKS

[ Edited ]

I tried on my t-necks that I kept in a box...just in case. They don't look great on me anymore because I look like a head on a pedestal. The cowl necks I've purchased look a lot softer at my age. Yes, a bit annoying w/ the futzing around to arrange the collar, but I've learned to position it nicely and pin it from underneath so it stays.

Which do you prefer? 

Honored Contributor

Re: COWL NECKS VS. TURTLE NECKS

I just don' like the look of a cowl neck and it has nothing to do with it staying in place.  They never seem to look in place.  They have that look of an outstretched neckline or just unkempt.

I do wear turtlenecks, but rarely.  Seems as the day goes on, it starts to get on my nerves and I can't wait to get it off.  At first, they are comfortable.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   That's an interesting question.  I always preferred turtlenecks but haven't worn them in several years.  I'm not sure why.  I have worn cowl necks but don't like to fiddle with them.  

I'll have to try on a turtleneck this winter and see what I think.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Neither, both are to hot and fussy for me. Give me a regular tee shirt any day. It doesn't get cold enough to wear either one very often on Arizona.

Trusted Contributor

I prefer cowlnecks, I feel like I'm choking wearing turtlenecks.

Esteemed Contributor

Cowl necks  are nice to wear if you go somewhere in winter and the room is warm , however if you're of age and want to cover a wrinkly sagging neck  it may not be so flattering . Cowl necks can be to bulky to button a tight fitting coat .

Turtle necks are  nice to keep warm  and have that classic look .

Honored Contributor

neither btdt

I have 1 Tneck I think for when it's -20 degrees and I need it under 3 things,  

Tnecks back in college, cowl never 

Valued Contributor

I live high in the mountains, and I love to be outdoors, especially in the winter.

Turtlenecks keep me warmer and I prefer the look.

Honored Contributor

I wear a turtleneck T-shirt under EVERYTHING all winter.   (It's like my long underwear.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Q seems to show many of each. It made me wonder who's wearing which.