Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, AUG.22)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is an overcast day but I will try to make my own sunshine. I haven't seen the Q today but I did see promoted on FB a gift offer consisting of 12 gift boxes containing 6 truffles in each. making the cost about $5 per box.

It dawned upon me that I should check out the Hanes website for their casual wear for late Fall and Winter. I live in those sweats in the house, and this coming year, I will be spending more time in the house. I decided to resign as a substitute teacher. I did this with much consideration, so it was not an easy decision.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, AUG.22)

Jean @KonaKat  I'm sure it was not an easy decision for you.  Congratulations on a long career, you've touched the lives of so many children as a teacher. Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  It is hot and sunny here. 

I know how difficult it was for you to decide against teaching this year.  Sending lots of hugs.  Spending more time at home may require more casual clothing, so it is probably a good idea to check the websites you enjoy.  I still have way too many clothes -- casual and not so casual, so I'm trying to avoid looking at shopping websites that might be too tempting.

I haven't watched the Q today since I really am not interested in buying any Christmas items at this time.  Since I don't get out all that much or see that many people, buying gifts such as the truffles wouldn't be wise for me.  But, I think they could be good if you do.

My day started with finding that my milk (regular cow's milk) had spoiled.  Pretty much made breakfast a bust.  I think I need to stop buying large sizes of milk since I don't drink it that often.  I had been doing so since the price of a gallon is usually not much more than half a gallon.  But, spoiled milk is pretty bad.

DD told me that both of my grandsons who live in Maryland tested negative for COVID twice, which is great news.  They hadn't had any rain there, but the storm with the possibility of flooding is predicted for oldest DGS' area.  Hope any of you in the storm area stay safe.  I know that there were some frightening predictions for Marijane's area.

Have to admit on-line church was not nearly as good as in person, but I understand the need to be cautious.  I made it to the gym (wore my mask), and it wasn't too crowded.  And, I made it to the grocery store to pick up milk.

You got a great bargain on those pants, Bernie.  You are correct, Fressa.  Sometimes it is difficult to figure out what you really like.  You would think that I would be better at it by this age, but I'm still working on it.

Nothing exciting going on here.  Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- I echo what Bernie said, Jean.  

Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Congratulations on your retirement.  I know you will miss the students, and they will miss you.  

Linda - Glad to hear your GS have tested negative for COVID.  Sorry to hear about the milk, I hate when I don't use something up before it spoils, I always have big plans to use something and well it doesn't alway work out.  DH has not been to church for about 2 years (between his bad back and COVID), his church just told everyone "if you're over 65, don't come to church".  His church is very big and has quite a large congregation. 

Bernie - Glad you got your pants ordered.  

Not much happening here.  I did manage to twist my ankle a little bit ago.  I was taking some tomatoes and peppers to our neighbors and walking back I stepped in a low spot in there yard.  You guessed it, I twisted my ankle and went down on all fours.  Graceful is not my middle name.  

Well off to watch Dr. Pol.  Hope everyone has a great evening.

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   I'm so glad that your grands tested negative for covid.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

KomKat--Congratulations on your "new retirement". Such a difficult decision to make but at some point in life we have to start taking care of ourselves first. So difficult to learn that when it's in our nature to care for so many others. Enjoy your extra time.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda Latte---Glad your DGS tested negative on the covid tests. What a relief.